Rowans Log

grubd

Banned User
The workout went great.. are you looking for numbers or something? I already posted the workout.

A training log is a journal, you can do what you would like with. Most post weight, sets, reps to track progress. Posting a link to your workout benefits us more than you and a journal is all about you. But myself and others could not believe you could keep up the intensity over such a long workout and numbers would help in understanding this. It is usually how these things work on elitefitness.com and bodybuilding.com

People just want to know the numbers because this is far from the scientifically known and industry standards for powelifting training and training in general, so people obviously will be more inquisitive.

You will find more help in this from members in reaching your goals (and if you don't might as well just post in your notebook) if you give details of what you do instead of just reacting with statements like "well he can bench press 400+" It isn't helpful because before your training he could have already been a beast b.p. 445 and after your training he did 455 or it could have went up to 475. That is an example where your generalities hurt the understanding of the guys reading your log. It is almost like you are just screwing around with us. If I tried training a guy to go to a meet like that, I sure as hell would want to know what his numbers were before and after working out with me and that is just so hard for me understand why you don't.

Last edited:

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol @ softballfans.com ... really dont get what you were laughing out loud about.

Just want to compete, I dont have the mass for bodybuilding.

grubd

Banned User
Lol @ softballfans.com ... really dont get what you were laughing out loud about.

Just want to compete, I dont have the mass for bodybuilding.

You'll be a better fit for bodybuilding.com anyways probably LOLed because he figured you were already member of that online community.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.

Wow that guy sounds really brilliant.

I quit following bodybuilding, because 95% of the info spewed was pure broscience and I was tired of sorting through that to get to the 5% that was actual science. So forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the physique competition and the use of knee length board shorts? The participation trophy generation is into their early 20s now so is this a way for them to compete with weak legs?

grubd

Banned User
I think Hugh jackman walked off a movie set and won one of these without any prep. I don't get the board shorts as well as you hide some of the biggest and most pleasing muscles on the body. When king Ronnie struck a front pose and the quads just popped that was one of my favorite moments in bodybuilding.

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
I think Hugh jackman walked off a movie set and won one of these without any prep. I don't get the board shorts as well as you hide some of the biggest and most pleasing muscles on the body. When king Ronnie struck a front pose and the quads just popped that was one of my favorite moments in bodybuilding.

Love legs as well, and that is the ****tiest part about physique, I understand. However, like I stated, I don't have the mass. I've seen shows, I've watched shows on YouTube, and I'd be crushed. Just because I'm doing Physique doesn't mean I wont be training legs, I'll actually be hitting legs 2x per week.

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow that guy sounds really brilliant.

I quit following bodybuilding, because 95% of the info spewed was pure broscience and I was tired of sorting through that to get to the 5% that was actual science. So forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the physique competition and the use of knee length board shorts? The participation trophy generation is into their early 20s now so is this a way for them to compete with weak legs?

Look up Steve Cook Muscle Mag show... tell me he doesnt have quads, and tell me if he wore board shorts.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Look up Steve Cook Muscle Mag show... tell me he doesnt have quads, and tell me if he wore board shorts.

You didn't answer my question. What's the point of "men's physique" and why are knee length board shorts used by nearly everyone in it?

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
You didn't answer my question. What's the point of "men's physique" and why are knee length board shorts used by nearly everyone in it?

This is the aesthetic era, that is the point of mens Physique. Even look at Pro BB, the mass monsters don't win anymore.

grubd

Banned User
Idk partly agree but I wouldn't say Phil Heath and khalil Greene have throwback bodies to Arnold or anything. Definitely wouldn't say they are like Ronnie or Dorian were.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I already replied to your question, keep on keeping on with the mid-life crisis.

I'm six years older than you. You never answered my question on why 99% of physique competitors wear knee length board shorts.

"Aaron are you ever going to compete in bodybuilding again or are you staying in physique?"

"When I look at the size and shape of my upper body all I can think about is: I wish I would have trained my legs harder and more consistently. I used to think I had bad genetics, but recently I'm starting to believe just the opposite. When Chris Aceto and Dave Palumbo tell you that you have GOOD genetics, you have to start believing it.

That said, I trained legs a few times recently and already hurt my left knee... It swelled up bad after squatting. I should have known better than to go so heavy so early.

IF I can get my legs up to snuff, then I'll try my hand at BBing again. I seriously doubt they'll ever be the same size as my upper body (or I'd be in the 280-290 range), but if they aren't embarrassing, I'll give it a go." Aaron Singerman

Seems like they should rename it "upperbodybuilding".

grubd

Banned User
I was asking a girl that competes in amateur figure at the gym today about your guys tiff. Her comment was "I have friends that do it but a lot of them on stage barely look like they train especially legs. My friend says he just makes sure he diets for Abbs."
I have never been to a show so this was my first insight. I have only been in person to Strongman and highland game competitions because the functional aspect is what I enjoy in lifting.

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
I was asking a girl that competes in amateur figure at the gym today about your guys tiff. Her comment was "I have friends that do it but a lot of them on stage barely look like they train especially legs. My friend says he just makes sure he diets for Abbs."
I have never been to a show so this was my first insight. I have only been in person to Strongman and highland game competitions because the functional aspect is what I enjoy in lifting.

I probably wont be posting in here again until my show. However, come mid-summer I will post a leg shot and you can do the same of yourself or anyone else that wants to and we can compare. I don't disagree that some guys probably don't train legs, I do however.

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm six years older than you. You never answered my question on why 99% of physique competitors wear knee length board shorts.

"Aaron are you ever going to compete in bodybuilding again or are you staying in physique?"

"When I look at the size and shape of my upper body all I can think about is: I wish I would have trained my legs harder and more consistently. I used to think I had bad genetics, but recently I'm starting to believe just the opposite. When Chris Aceto and Dave Palumbo tell you that you have GOOD genetics, you have to start believing it.

That said, I trained legs a few times recently and already hurt my left knee... It swelled up bad after squatting. I should have known better than to go so heavy so early.

IF I can get my legs up to snuff, then I'll try my hand at BBing again. I seriously doubt they'll ever be the same size as my upper body (or I'd be in the 280-290 range), but if they aren't embarrassing, I'll give it a go." Aaron Singerman

Seems like they should rename it "upperbodybuilding".

The same thing goes for you, June/July ish, if you wanna put your power wheels up against a lousy Physique Competitor I'd be more than happy to do it.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
The same thing goes for you, June/July ish, if you wanna put your power wheels up against a lousy Physique Competitor I'd be more than happy to do it.

1. I'm not a body builder so I'm not trying to make my legs any bigger. In fact I never isolate muscles in my legs or any other body part.
2. I never said I have "power wheels".
3. Since you said June/July this means you're going on a cycle which wouldn't be fair for me. A guy that is 6'3" and already training legs can't add an appreciable amount of mass to the legs in a matter of two months.
4. I lift for myself. I don't do it for judges, pinterest, Facebook, twitter, bodybuilding.com, sbf, etc.

Rowandj

Addicted to Softballfans
1. I'm not a body builder so I'm not trying to make my legs any bigger. In fact I never isolate muscles in my legs or any other body part.
2. I never said I have "power wheels".
3. Since you said June/July this means you're going on a cycle which wouldn't be fair for me. A guy that is 6'3" and already training legs can't add an appreciable amount of mass to the legs in a matter of two months.
4. I lift for myself. I don't do it for judges, pinterest, Facebook, twitter, bodybuilding.com, sbf, etc.

Haha I said June/July because I'm in my prep so give me a couple months in. I also lift for myself, however I'm getting some accomplishment out of my lifting. You, however, cannot say the same. So before you bash me for doing Physique or whatever I wish to do, you should look at yourself. You are a gym rat and nothing more.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems as thought lifting for yourself is a bad thing. I have no other reason to lift than to get bigger and stronger. No competitions or anything like that to showcase my lifting. I must be a useless gym rat too.