S and L materials

ray_mich

Addicted to Softballfans
What material did you get your shirts made from and how is it?
Did it run or pull? Was it durable? How are the colors?

James23

Hittin' Backside
I would get my full dyes made out of JJ23 material, but I may be a bit biased!

:D

All polyester has a chance to pick if not washed properly (stay away from velcro or zippers) or if you butt up to a fence or something... If you go with JJ23 or Magic fabric you should be fine. Anything that isn't textured should hold up better/longer.

As far as colors I'd put ours up against any sublimation company in the USA.

We will soon have Fluorescent options as well.

:thumb:

ray_mich

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else ??
I was going to get a sample of 3 fabrics but the final estimate to get 3, 6" squares mailed to me in Canada was $20.00 and that just seems ridiculous.

Crush15

Addicted to Softballfans
Colors are great and shirts hold up pretty good. We have ordered our last 3 sets from s&l

ray_mich

Addicted to Softballfans

All polyester has a chance to pick if not washed properly (stay away from velcro or zippers) or if you butt up to a fence or something... If you go with JJ23 or Magic fabric you should be fine. Anything that isn't textured should hold up better/longer.

Themshirts did some for a team I was on and we wore them for 7 years with zero issues but I can't remember the fabric we got.
They were a bit heavier and had a sheen to them. I was told that they may have used S&L to make their products and Themshirts is no longer around....

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I have gotten 2 different fabrics. Magic and SJ97. Magic is more silky (smooth) and colors pop a bit more. I prefer the SJ97. Feels more comfortable to me. On the Magic fabric my bat pack strap caused a tiny bit of discoloration. Like a white spot from all the rubbing. Other than that great jersey's, great product and always great customer service.

chpr10j

Addicted to Softballfans

JJ23 is the best. Have multiple jerseys with this material and would never go to anything else. Everyone always asked where we got our jerseys from because they love the look and feel. Also the best company to work with!!

if you don't get magic your going to be disappointed with the colors, in my opinion, especially the black, while it is real silky and prints nice, magic is also pretty heavy, probably too heavy for any real hot weather, it's also not cheap, and neither is SL, unless you have your own artwork, in my opinion don't even bother, compare the art at Elite and MOJO and ATWL, and remember none of these companies print anything in house so any quality issues and they are pretty limited in what they can/will do. From my experience with SL you will be SOL, however I know plenty of people who have had good experience especially with magic from SL.

setz33

Addicted to Softballfans
SnL does all the printing in house. The Magic material is the best IMO. BTH please know what you are talking about before you say all companies. While yes some do out source it some also do it in house

James23

Hittin' Backside
A few things in this thread I'd like to offer some clarity on... Everyone can have their own opinions on products and that's fine, but I have to comment on these things....

1. We've never made anything for THEMShirts..... and I do believe they still exist.
2. We don't charge for artwork 99.9% of the time.....We do when you need something specific redrawn exactly because you can't provide vector art.
3. We print 100% of everything we do in house...always have.
4. About 2 years and 3 printers ago we did have an issue with black looking like a deep navy or dark brown color depending on who you talk to. I can assure you that issue is gone... no matter which fabric you go with.

Thanks!

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I had my first experience with SNL this time last year......we went with the SJ97 fabric. I worked with Mike over DOZENS of email, and he wouldn't stop working with the artists until I was satisfied.

Absolutely LOVE the colors, and the fabric. I've never held or felt or even seen any other fabrics fromt hem, so I can't say that it's "the best" but it's very light, very small perforations so it's breathable, soft, and super comfy. Love everything about it, and the company.

Not sure if we are staying with the same sponsor this year, but if not, I already know who's doing my shirts.........no questions about it.

Are they expensive? Yeah, a little (but most companies in this business are around the same) But are they worth it? HECK YEAH

I even got my custom pants to match my shirt and love those. Love love LOVE SNL!

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Other companies are cheaper per jersey but usually make it up with art fees and most also have order minimums. I'll also add that of all the full sub jersey's I have S&L are actually true to size. I wear a 2X, and for my preference, my jerseys from other places the 2X is too big and the XL is too small.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I have S &L jerseys and love them. Quality is good all the way around. My XL are true to size. I dealt with joe and as far as I'm concerned, their customer service is excellent. Jmho