lavy24

Whats up San Diego! I am 26 years old and played baseball all my life until high school. I recently joined my first slowpitch softball team(coed rec. on Friday nights) and I am slowly getting hooked... Coed is fun but I have seen some of the slightly more serious teams with their dope uniforms and a little more of a "want to win" attitude and I really want to play at that level. I'm not trying to go pro here or anything but I am a pretty athletic guy in my mid 20's so I want a little bit more competitiveness in the games than what I get now. The problem is I grew up on the east coast and I dont know very many people that play sports in San Diego! Long story short; I am a lone wolf in search of a somewhat competitive mens team in San Diego! I can play any position but I prefer outfield in softball, I am an aggressive base runner(within reason obviously) and an average hitter (seeing as Ive only been playing slow pitch for a few months) but I'm still one of the highest production hitters on the coed team I play for currently. The ideal team for me would be somewhat established and possibly have a set uniform of some sort, plays in a league that is competitive and participates in occasional various tournaments, takes the game seriously but not enough as to cause any kind of trouble between teammates or opponent, is in search of a long term outfielder/utility player. I have no problem coming out to play a game or two before agreeing to anything. Also any info from you San Diego area ballers about where I should search would be great!

WiLD53

i play at the sportsplex in poway... they have all levels of rec leagues and a lot of the teams play tourneys as well... theres also a sportplex in santee... the team i'm on doesn't sound like what you're looking for since we're mostly a bunch of older guys but due to the fact that it's a sportplex, you can find whatever level of play you want... they have leagues monday - friday and frequently host tourneys on the weekend... here's their website if you want to look into it...:cool:

http://www.sportsplexusa.com/

Bash21

There's going to be a superdraft style tournament at the Santee Sportsplex on the 17th of March. Its a good way to get your foot in the door and meet some new people.
Sign ups start at 7am and the draft will start at 8am. $25 to play with a 3 game guarantee. If you are on facebook look up in a search
2nd Annual Justin Turrcote tournament.

Fresh73

I run and sponsor a mens tournament team. We took a break for the past 3 years but a couple veterans want to start the team up again and we are looking for solid players for our team. We are having a BP session next Saturday in Mission valley area. We also have a mens league team that plays on Wed nights and we are looking for players.