Saw this at a game tonight

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
When we lined up to pray, a guy laid a bat on the ground, and three of the teammates put their hats on the barrel of the bat. Never seen it before and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light.

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
Well It is a church league, for one, and you should always thank God for giving you the ability to be able to get on the field and play ball. I dont want to start a religion war... Just saying. And thats what I thought it may be but the kids were young, and i just wasnt sure what it was about.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
Well It is a church league, for one, and you should always thank God for giving you the ability to be able to get on the field and play ball. I dont want to start a religion war... Just saying. And thats what I thought it may be but the kids were young, and i just wasnt sure what it was about.

Thank god for what?

db0012

Coach
prayer

Prayer never hurts anyone..Without god none of us would be out there...We start all of our games with prayer.church league or not!!!!You should try it!!!

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
LoL I would maybe agree that they did not want to get their hats dirty, but they were just ugly ole USC hats, and did not think that they mattered. We pray together as a church league, and when I played open leagues, We prayed together as a team. We thank God for the ability to be able to be athletes and be able to be on the feild doing what we love to do.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
LoL I would maybe agree that they did not want to get their hats dirty, but they were just ugly ole USC hats, and did not think that they mattered. We pray together as a church league, and when I played open leagues, We prayed together as a team. We thank God for the ability to be able to be athletes and be able to be on the feild doing what we love to do.

I just posted it not long ago, but who would have thunk...I get to show it to another reject who can't think for himself, so he worships god.

petarded1.png

1stbasefunky

Addicted to Softballfans
I just posted it not long ago, but who would have thunk...I get to show it to another reject who can't think for himself, so he worships god.

petarded1.png

Well bud, I heard this once about non-believers.....

You better PRAY that you're right!

To each his own though I guess!

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
I would rather take the chance of being right, and be rewarded with eternal life. Like Freaky said If I'm wrong so be it.

BIG JOE

One hit left!
I will believe in God, and in the end if I'm wrong then so be it.

I totally agree. I would rather live a good life believing and have a great future in heaven than to not believe and be wrong.:eek:

Either way , we all will have to make that choice ourselves.

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
You are exactly right everyone has to make their informed choice. Im not here to try and preach the word.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like a tribute to 3 players not with them anymore.

Sounds like the most logical answer there. Sounds pretty cool on there part, especially hearing that they're young guys. Would have been cool to see a picture of that. Nothing wrong with a little bit of prayer, especially in todays day. I'm thankful that I'm healthy, and that I have loved ones that love me as much I as I love them.

stpws40

Addicted to Softballfans
HAHAHA...informed choice. Tell me how any one preaching about god has made an informed choice.

Like I have said before, Im not here to preach the word. If you want to read it, look in the worlds #1 best selling book. There is a few things in there about it

finishthejob

is here for the party
im pretty sure its a tribute to players no longer with them or friends that served in the military..do you know if these guys were in or still in the military? i know the ARMY places a soldiers rifle between his boots and places his helmet on top of his gun when they are killed...as a memorial for them..and fellow soldiers can go up and place random objects by the boots...i.e. medals, awards, cans of dip(it happens alot) notes..anything really

Joker

Like I have said before, Im not here to preach the word. If you want to read it, look in the worlds #1 best selling book. There is a few things in there about it

the lord of the rings is much better though. its more believable too

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans

Right now there are wars going on and oil spilling in the ocean. If God is worried about your dumb a$$ softball game he needs to step up his game.

guzzler2209

The Veteran
Let's all circle up!

Dear God, thank you for the beer in the cooler.

PLAY BALL!

As stated elsewhere by the OP, all of us that play in other than church league are just beer swillin rednecks, so what would you expect :D