SBF Offseason Running challenge

Mark1980

Manager
Is everyone counting walking miles too? Saw where hedge was too fat to run and was just wondering.

I'm too fat to run the whole way. Mine is a mixture of light jogging, running hard for spurts, and walking when I need to catch my breath. Light jogging = 4-5mph, running pretty good for me = 6-8mph, and the walking to catch my breath is 3.0 to 3.6mph, so even when walking I am not just strolling, but a pretty good fast paced walk. One thing is for sure I am pushing my fat out of shape ass to the limit, if it doesn't count... oh well haha, just logging what I've done here.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
All my 'runs' right now are walk/run. I'm just getting back into it, so I'm building to a one-minute walk/five-minute run for 5K ... or 3.3 miles.

TX Slugger

Wannabe softball Jedi
I really need to post my run totals. I've been doing them, just too busy to do much on the internet besides working on my masters class.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
My cap is off to all of you... I plan on starting a regimen to lose some lbs again this year coming up... But I can't run (Knees) so I do some serious trail hiking (As much as 2000 ft elevations) and gonna get in the water more...

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
I think I jacked up my knee on a catch last night. I've never really injured a knee before. It doesn't seem bad since I think I just twisted it and/or hit the side of the kneecap hard (it was in the first inning of a double header and it didn't bother me that much the rest of the night), but it really stiffened up while I was sleeping and hurt enough to wake me up a couple times. I can walk on it, but I'm limping around. How much time do you think I should take off before trying a test run to see how it feels? Maybe just wait until the limp is gone?

Mark1980

Manager
Was sick a the last week and a half so did not get as much in as I like, but still did 2 miles 4 times. Total now is 24.25

DSNuts48

Badass
On hold for now, pulled a hammy Saturday. :rolleyes: Nothing sucks worse than pulling a muscle doing something you didn't really want to do anyways.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
I've been having to do some shovelling and I got myself a bit of a stinger in my hip. Forced myself through it, though. Will see how it feels tomorrow.

Mark1980

Manager
Add 6 more miles for me, 30.25 now, on a side note I'm down to 247 from 274 when fall ball ended in late Sept/early Oct. Starting to really feel the difference. Been doing this running, some dumbell stuff, and P90X's ab ripper for the core. Lowered by body fat % 7.5%.

RetMilVet

Project War Path
Nice idea here.:cool:

Good luck to everyone. Been thinking about running on a more consistant basis myself. Nothing better then peer pressure to motivate, except a good mirror:eek::eek::cool::D