Buyer Beware Scfan5 - BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Helton17

The Mouse is in the House
Scfan5 posted these bats for sale:

http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1339603

I asked him this morning if they were still available, and he said they were.

I asked him for his Paypal, which he promptly sent me.

I sent payment of $130 his way.

After payment was sent, I get this message:

"But wait 1 hr before you send it. Im supposed to meet a guy here local first but he might back out...dont want to hold your money then have to refund it"

I question this and he states that this local guy has been dragging his feet since last Thursday (not that it matters).

Had he opened with this, this would be no big deal. However, with him selling them as hard as he has been the past couple of days, I guess he was looking for a back up plan instead of a sale.

It appears that he had a similar encounter with Camp a year ago (according to his feedback), but all looked good to go the past year.

He did promptly refund the payment an hour and a half later. Otherwise, I would be pushing NGTG with this.

Be careful in dealing with Darrius Shaw

Helton17

And is now threatening to reciprocate the Buyer Beware on me.

Sounds familiar to his threats to Saint a year ago.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Yeah, he posted my cell number on craigslist and such to get people to bother me.

Helton17

If this is bb then there should be 50 bb posted every hour. :rolleyes:

I typically would agree with you on this, but money actually exchanged hands here. It wasnt as cut and dry as someone just backing out at the end. Things were final and he decided to sell it locally after the fact.

Helton17

The Izzy was in all three of the threads. Thats how hard he was selling them, even though he had a local deal already in place.