ASA SCMAF end of game rule

sleepin4matty

Management Material
The rule states if lights go out game is over and result will be decided by the score at the end of the prior inning. Now for the story...
Game three of a best 2 of 3 championship for coed league. top of 7th inning no outs batter hits fly ball to RF, ball hits RF in face, ambulance is called game is significantly delayed, visiting team took 1 run lead running out HR due to injury.
Home team is now out two players, one hit in face, one drove player to hospital. Umpire says we have to continue, girl player subs in place of one of two players who left. Home team gets two outs and boom lights go out. Visiting team wants game to be completed at a later date due to the massive time delay.
Should the game be completed at a later date or should the rule apply and result of the championship be decided by the score from the start of the inning?

Country469

I think this is an opportunity to show class and be a good sport. Let the injured person's team have the ship. Great karma.

Thats also the biggest lie I've ever told

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say unless there is a bylaw that says clock stops on an injury the score should have reverted to the previous inning, just like it would if the game had to be shortened for weather. I have done a few tournaments, usually with teenage girls, that the clock stopped.