Scn18 or salvo comp100

Mnsroo11

Manager
Well whatever I get will get most of my winter Bp swings cause I don't want to beat up my helmer and prefer to take it easy on my scn4 even though she's a tank.........also interested in scn19

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
The SCN18 took forever and a day to break in. I have my first SV100 in the mail right now. I should have a review of it in a week or two. What I will add is the ST100 is the hottest bat I have ever swung excluding a U2. I have over 1,000 swings on my ST100 with half 40/375's and half 47/500's and the ball is jumping off the bat. There is no webbing or cracks yet, but the sound recently started getting deeper, and the barrel is getting softer. The ST100 is almost not even fair. From everything I hear, the ST100H is better still!:confused: I still need to get my hands on one of those!

bnail35

Addicted to Softballfans
I just ordered a ST100. Had a ST100H but the endload was too much for me. I also, just ordered the SCN18 (got a good deal and couldn't pass it up). Gonna make it my BP bat.

Last edited:

Mnsroo11

Manager
Lucky what do u like best of ur usssa Easton's? Haven't hit the 100 yet but have a 100h I've put about 100 swings on and it's awsome, and like bnail I'd like another bat that I can get A LOT cheaper to Bp with and hopefully have my teammates use so they don't use my helmer..haha

bnail35

Addicted to Softballfans
He sold it to me for $85. He should be shipping it today, can't wait to put some swings on it.

I think its funny...I was a die hard Miken fan, and could not stand any of the eastons I have hit (until the new stamp) Now I have bought 3 eastons in the last 3 weeks. Sold my 100h to a friend so I could buy the 100 (should get here today!), then turned around and bought the scn18. I have hit with a few of the new stamp eastons and the new stamp mikens, and the eastons were WAY BETTER! Still don't understand why you can get such good deals on them.

Hit N Run

No Manches
I just bought a SCN19 w/2013 stamp and cant wait to swing it. I heard it was a hot stick and I want it to be my game bat.:D

Last edited:

mustafa

The Great Fatbino
Well whatever I get will get most of my winter Bp swings cause I don't want to beat up my helmer and prefer to take it easy on my scn4 even though she's a tank.........also interested in scn19

I'm talking the sv100 opens up around 400 hits, the scn18 opens up around 2,000 hits.

newbill/kti15

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung the Salvo 100 last night for the first time... I am very impressed with this bat... I love the endload and the 12" barrel... Seemed to have pretty good pop for a bat out of the wrapper... I am looking forward to getting this bad boy broke in...

jcas

Rec Baller
I have a rattling, webbed up SCN18 that is dumb hot......but I put it down after 50 swings with the ST100. Sick bat. I also have an SCN19 that will never get broken in now :(

Hit N Run

No Manches
My SCN19 has around 50 hits now and it still feels a little stiff. I will put more BP hits on it and get back to you all. Check out my grip work. I used tacky tennis prince tape.

GripShot_zpsd81202ee.jpg

gripfullshot_zps889b8775.jpg

bnail35

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the SCN18 and the ST100. The SCN18 is an awesome bat with a lot of pop. I have a few friends that hit this bat and absolutely love it. That being said, the ST100 is amazing. This bat absolutely crushes the ball.

Hit N Run

No Manches
I am now around 150 hits on my SCN19 and there is a difference. Warning track is easier to hit. I also just got a rattle on my last at bat. I can't wait to get this bat over 300 hits. One of the girls on my team loves this bat. She burnt the guy playing left field (he was at the coed line) and now she won't swing anything else. :cool:

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am now around 150 hits on my SCN19 and there is a difference. Warning track is easier to hit. I also just got a rattle on my last at bat. I can't wait to get this bat over 300 hits. One of the girls on my team loves this bat. She burnt the guy playing left field (he was at the coed line) and now she won't swing anything else. :cool:

I'm just a few swings behind you, unwrapped mine this past weekend. I was very satisfied with the pop/distance I was getting off of mine.

How has that grip been lasting for you? In my experience (tennis days) those grips don't carry good longevity. I typically wear out the OG grip during break in before replacing ;)

Hit N Run

No Manches
Not worried about how long it will last, they are only $6 for a 3 pack.
The feel and comfortableness of the grip is well worth it.

Hit N Run

No Manches
Now I am at 200ish hits on this bat and coming along quite well. The pop and distance is getting better. The sweet spot is getting hot. For the price of this bat I am very happy I bought it. I am going to look for another one in a 27oz.

SigAlphAblott

Addicted to Softballfans
the 18 that I had was too light at 26 so I sold it after a couple weeks, but with a couple games and a quick bp round on it definitely was showing the monster it would be if I kept it long enough to open it up. 20W Wegman opens up way quicker, but it's a trade off for durability. pretty happy with 17bh that I traded the 20W for. The 18 was super stiff, and you could really feel the response of the ball off the barrel.
as far as the salvo, no input.

Hit N Run

No Manches
I am now at about 250 hits and its still not a gamer bat. The pop is getting better, nice line drives but still lacking a little distance. I did manage to put two out this weekend, but still waiting for Max potential.