SCN2RI Updates?????

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regular knob, Easton stamps, mine is pretty hot, but it has no webbing. My endcap cracked and I had nothing else to do with it, but it's not cracked the rest of the way through so I used it in bp and winter league and now I'm using it anytime I want to save swings on my DC Psycho. It is very nice, just a touch behind the DC for pop right now. I will probably be swinging it in league since I don't want everyone swinging my DC so I expect it to just get better.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Had a regular knob and only got about 100 swings on it. Was kinda loggy but a couple good shots when I hit the SS. Traded for another RI with speed knob cuz I like the smaller ones. Had a few hits on it, but it was just behind a barely broken in OG+ and about equal on line drives, so I am happy.

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
Had 2 28 cnt ri's last year. One broke with just over 300 swings and was never anything special. The second one got filthy hot before it finally busted. I felt unstoppable at the plate, it was so sick. I don't even think I was swinging very well at the time and the results were amazing.

This year I bought 3 more cnt+ ri when I found them for 140 shipped. Only thing is that I have a SCN15Bh that has since broken in. It might even be more sick than my old cnt+ ri was. I just bought 2 more 15bh on Sunday night because I could get them for 112.50 each for a pair. Now I need to sell some of my other bats. Nice thing about the 15Bh is that it has a warranty. I swear when they are both (scn15bh and cnt+ri) completely broken-in they crack and the feel of swallowing the ball is almost identical. 15bh just has a bit more endload and the sweetspot might be a tad smaller.

I can't wait till I get one of my cnt+ri's fully broken in so I can compare it to the 15bh head to head.

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I got a cnt+ ri this winter. The bat was said to have 200 or so swings on it when i got it. Bat had no real webbing and looked brand new. I put another 100 swings on it and this thing is on fire. It is all webbed up and sounds like a gunshot. I had it tested last night and it failed. I saw guys with 4 & 5 year old bats pass and this thing failed.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I got a cnt+ ri this winter. The bat was said to have 200 or so swings on it when i got it. Bat had no real webbing and looked brand new. I put another 100 swings on it and this thing is on fire. It is all webbed up and sounds like a gunshot. I had it tested last night and it failed. I saw guys with 4 & 5 year old bats pass and this thing failed.

Kinda makes you wonder history before you got it.

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
I will take some video next BP session.

Hit another 100 hits on both my CNT+RI and MV-1 Balanced yesterday.

MV-1 has turned the corner with about 300 hits now, it's spidderwebbing and I can feel and hear that it's broken in now. CNT+ RI is still hitting well but no spidderwebbing at all and it feels pretty much the same as last round. MV-1 is now about 10-15 further than the CNT+. I don't expect the CNT+ to break in as fast as the MV-1 but I can see why people would choose to hit other bats over the UTRIP Eastons as you need a lot of bp to get these going. Some team mates hit it and mentioned the hand sting. I don't get this problem but it doesn't handle miss hits well.

I still think my CNT+RI will get to the hottest possible UTRIP level with a nice Easton crack sound and great feel like my Extended, but at this point it's getting left behind.

Worm

<font color="#FF3030">I'm CrEePy & I'm CrAwLy</fon
I will take some video next BP session.

Hit another 100 hits on both my CNT+RI and MV-1 Balanced yesterday.

MV-1 has turned the corner with about 300 hits now, it's spidderwebbing and I can feel and hear that it's broken in now. CNT+ RI is still hitting well but no spidderwebbing at all and it feels pretty much the same as last round. MV-1 is now about 10-15 further than the CNT+. I don't expect the CNT+ to break in as fast as the MV-1 but I can see why people would choose to hit other bats over the UTRIP Eastons as you need a lot of bp to get these going. Some team mates hit it and mentioned the hand sting. I don't get this problem but it doesn't handle miss hits well.

I still think my CNT+RI will get to the hottest possible UTRIP level with a nice Easton crack sound and great feel like my Extended, but at this point it's getting left behind.

I have a 28 oz maxload MV-1 original that is ON FIRE, but I do not hit it nearly as well as my SCN15BH. I do not care for the soft feeling of the MV-1 or where the sweetspot is in comparison (not as far out). As far as distance, they are pretty close, but would give the edge to the Easton. The MV-1 seems to spin the ball better and the shots just seem to carry where as the exit speed of the SCN15BH is noticeably better for me. Both of them right now are much better than my cnt+'s, but they are not broken in yet and do not even come close to how my cnt+ last year felt.

BrewCrewBaller

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel like my 28oz cnt+ ri is hitting well at approximate 300-500 hits. It doesn't outhit my 200ish og ext though, they are roughly on par.Every time someone on my team picks up my bat they only swing it once then go back to other bats on the rack. I'm assuming this means there not broke in yet. I am completely satisfied with the ri though. I know it will only get better.

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
So many bats to choose from out there now a days. I guess if you guys are saying that it will get as hot as any other top end UTRIP stick then I will stick with the CNT+ RI until it gets there. Right now my MV-1, The One UTRIP and buddies Titan are all passing or have already passed the CNT+. I only have 200 hits on it so far and am going to push it down a hill probably. Lets hope it gets to a nice level.

silverbullet01

I'm a ginger!!!
Lately......

I hear steep hills are good for Eastons. They are supposed to be very stiff and stubburn. Just what I heard from a mountain climber..

It seems the newer Eastons don't need much though. Hit some hard compression softballs and you'll be fine. I might do that to my scn15bh. Open her up a bit and have the IF's feel the wrath of the bullet.

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems the newer Eastons don't need much though. Hit some hard compression softballs and you'll be fine. I might do that to my scn15bh. Open her up a bit and have the IF's feel the wrath of the bullet.

I hear the SCN15BH is a good stick.. I see that a lot of the Eaton sponsered guys swing the SCN17BH.. Guess the Endload and small barrel are a favorite.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hey champ, i just picked up a DUO and i highly recommend to give a try even if you dont like two piecers. just as hot as my mv1 and hotter than the cnt+ i just sold and this DUO is pretty much right out of wrapper. swings similar to the 15bh with the heavy endload but has bigger sweetspot (longer barrell) and have some flex but not flimsy feeling like OG CNT+ or Flex or juggy/juice line.

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
hey champ, i just picked up a DUO and i highly recommend to give a try even if you dont like two piecers. just as hot as my mv1 and hotter than the cnt+ i just sold and this DUO is pretty much right out of wrapper. swings similar to the 15bh with the heavy endload but has bigger sweetspot (longer barrell) and have some flex but not flimsy feeling like OG CNT+ or Flex or juggy/juice line.

Not a huge endload fan. I hear these are good sticks and some of the videos I have watched they sound gun shot hot. I haven't really felt any handle flex on the CNT RI. Would you say the Duo is flexy or stiff or medium?

I just bought a Psycho SE to go a long with my MV-1.

Might give the duo a shot if you are pimping it in the same light as the Rush..

Tired of buying bats though.. Just want something that will last and hits well.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Not a huge endload fan. I hear these are good sticks and some of the videos I have watched they sound gun shot hot. I haven't really felt any handle flex on the CNT RI. Would you say the Duo is flexy or stiff or medium?

I just bought a Psycho SE to go a long with my MV-1.

Might give the duo a shot if you are pimping it in the same light as the Rush..

Tired of buying bats though.. Just want something that will last and hits well.

i would say medium flex. kinda soft feel like the mv1 in the sweetspot. im not as comfortable with the DUO as i was with my rush as of yet but i would say its in the same ball park performance wise. i've only put 20 or so cuts on my DUO so cant attest to the durability. its got light webbing and 1 pebble rattling around the barrell. probably 100 total on it. im kinda skeptical on the durability cause its so nice outta the wrapper. we will see. this weekend i plan on doing a long bp session and i'll update you then.

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
i would say medium flex. kinda soft feel like the mv1 in the sweetspot. im not as comfortable with the DUO as i was with my rush as of yet but i would say its in the same ball park performance wise. i've only put 20 or so cuts on my DUO so cant attest to the durability. its got light webbing and 1 pebble rattling around the barrell. probably 100 total on it. im kinda skeptical on the durability cause its so nice outta the wrapper. we will see. this weekend i plan on doing a long bp session and i'll update you then.

Sounds good bro... LMK

Jubei

Coach
All I can say about my SCN2 RI is that at first I was a bit worried when I first got the bat. In all honesty I wasnt a fan of it when I took it out the wrapper. Keep in mind I was swinging a DC Psycho prior to purchasing my SCN2 RI. After about 200 hits it felt a little better, at 300+ I've noticed a visible increase in distance. The crazy thing is, just 2 weeks ago I was going to pull the trigger on a DC41. Now that my SCN2 RI is starting to open up I'm very happy with it, and its changed my mind on buying another bat.

Last edited:

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
All I can say about my SCN2 RI is that at first I was a bit worried when I first got the bat. In all honesty I wasnt a fan of it when I took it out the wrapper. Keep in mind I was swinging a DC Psycho prior to purchasing my SCN2 RI. After about 200 hits it felt a little better, at 300+ I've noticed a visible increase in distance. The crazy thing is, just 2 weeks ago I was going to pull the trigger on a DC41. Now that my SCN2 RI is starting to open up I'm very happy with it, and its changed my mind on buying another bat.

Would you say it hits the same distance as yor dc psycho? Like I wrote above, my mv-1 has stepped up to a gear a head of the cnt. I have a niw psycho se (prefer the maxload to supermax) I can return it if I want but am not sure if the cnt will catch up. Bad weather this week so I will not get more hits until next week

Jubei

Coach
To be honest the DC Psycho is a tough cookie, between the two I've cranked my longest homerun with the DC Psycho. Its hard to compare a bat that gets retarded hot at 1000+ hits (SCN2RI) vs a DC Psycho thats super hot in 200 hits. Unfortunately durability cant be a factor being that the SCN2RI is non-returnable, so again the DC Psycho would win in that department.

goldenboy34

Addicted to Softballfans
has there been a difference in the speed knob and the regular knob in durability and how hot it gets before they break im asking bout the cnt ri

Champ01

Addicted to Softballfans
has there been a difference in the speed knob and the regular knob in durability and how hot it gets before they break im asking bout the cnt ri

Not sure.. Think it's all a myth really.

Personally I had a 26oz with the normal knob and Easton stamps. It was a log for a long time

I do have a 27oz with a speed knob and no stamps now and its much hotter after 200 hits. Not going to say it's the hottest bat I own but no spidderwebbing and hitting very well with 200 hits and it's going down a mountain at some point