ASA scoring of runs

AG# 1

slo-pitch, we play 7 innings and the home team was up 5-2, after 5 innings, we were in the bottom of the 6th with 2 outs and we scored 2 runs, which came on a home run with one on, making the score 7-2 then the sky opened up and the game was called.

My question for stats. does the home run and 2 rbi's count, or does the score go back to the last complete inning and where could I read it in the rules? thx.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Because the game was stopped in the bottom of the inning and the home team was ahead, all action up to the stoppage would count. Final score would be 7-2. If the visiting team had been ahead it would have reverted to the last completed inning.

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
team standings often have runs scored or run differential as a tiebreaker, so that could be why the TS is wondering (aside from possibly caring about individual stats)

AG# 1

E A, I found this in the ASA rule book, if I'm reading this correctly, on my OP wouldn't the score revert back to 5-2 ? since the visiting team didn't score or go ahead in the top of the 6th inning?

RULE 5 - THE GAME
Section 6. GAME WINNER.

The winner of the game shall be the team that scores more runs in a regulation
game.
A. The score of a called regulation game shall be the score at the end of the
last complete inning
, unless the team second at bat has scored an equal
number or more runs than the first team at bat in the incomplete inning. In
this case, the score shall be that of the incomplete inning.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
A game is considered official if 5 innings have been completed, or if 4 and a half innings have been completed with the home team ahead (in other words, bottom of the 5th with home team at bat and winning).

So no, it wouldn't revert back to the previous inning.

AG# 1

NCASA, so you say the 2 runs in the bottom of the 6th count and we won 7-2 ?

then what does this mean? A. The score of a called regulation game shall be the score at the end of the
last complete inning
, unless the team second at bat has scored an equal number or more runs than the first team at bat in the incomplete inning. In this case, the score shall be that of the incomplete inning.

we were ahead 5-2 after 5 innings, they didn't score in the top of the 6th and we scored 2 in the bottom of the 6th with 2 outs the game was called -- lightning

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
A game is considered official if 5 innings have been completed, or if 4 and a half innings have been completed with the home team ahead (in other words, bottom of the 5th with home team at bat and winning).

So no, it wouldn't revert back to the previous inning.

The rule is the same as it was in 1936

tonys1

irish, sorry, unlike you I wasn't around in 1936 . I asked a simple question because I'm confused on the wording of the rule and you responded twice with no useful information

English is hard, bro. Let's pretend you got your homerun and 2 RBI's, you're the MVP baby!

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
irish, sorry, unlike you I wasn't around in 1936 . I asked a simple question because I'm confused on the wording of the rule and you responded twice with no useful information

Then maybe you should have paid attention to my first response and taken your question to a board which addresses such things as scoring

AG# 1

English is hard, bro. Let's pretend you got your homerun and 2 RBI's, you're the MVP baby!

First of all I’m not your bro

you are as bad as Irish why yap if you don’t have an answer to my original post
It was a very easy question and I was just wondering if anybody had an answer for me
you’re a moderator that doesn’t give answers great job BRO

AG# 1

Then maybe you should have paid attention to my first response and taken your question to a board which addresses such things as scoring

Irish it has to do with tournament results. I even posted the rule for you so-called expert umpires at least I admit I’m not sure with the wording of the rule what it exactly means. To bad you didn’t have the balls to admit it also or better yet just shut up

tonys1

First of all I’m not your bro

you are as bad as Irish why yap if you don’t have an answer to my original post
It was a very easy question and I was just wondering if anybody had an answer for me
you’re a moderator that doesn’t give answers great job BRO

ok bro.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
NCASA, so you say the 2 runs in the bottom of the 6th count and we won 7-2 ?

then what does this mean? A. The score of a called regulation game shall be the score at the end of the
last complete inning
, unless the team second at bat has scored an equal number or more runs than the first team at bat in the incomplete inning. In this case, the score shall be that of the incomplete inning.

we were ahead 5-2 after 5 innings, they didn't score in the top of the 6th and we scored 2 in the bottom of the 6th with 2 outs the game was called -- lightning

Because you're not reading the whole rule. Look at Rule 5, Section 3, Article C.

A game called by the umpire shall be regulation if five or more complete innings have been played, or if the team second at bat has scored more runs in four or more innings than the other team has scored in five or more innings.The umpire is empowered to call a game at any time because of darkness, rain, fire, panic or any other cause that places the patrons or players in peril.

So if your game was called in the bottom of the 6th with the home team ahead, then that's the final score.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Irish it has to do with tournament results. I even posted the rule for you so-called expert umpires at least I admit I’m not sure with the wording of the rule what it exactly means. To bad you didn’t have the balls to admit it also or better yet just shut up

Poor baby. YOU cited the rule that determines the winner. And I offered the best piece of advice you have received by suggesting you go to someone who handles the scoring. Hell, for that matter, go to someone who handles sports statistics.

But I have a feeling you will not be satisfied until you hear what you want.

GFL

AG# 1

Poor baby. YOU cited the rule that determines the winner. And I offered the best piece of advice you have received by suggesting you go to someone who handles the scoring. Hell, for that matter, go to someone who handles sports statistics.

But I have a feeling you will not be satisfied until you hear what you want.

GFL

irish, now you are showing just how ignorant you really are. Why would an umpire not no this? After all it is in the USA RULE BOOK which I assumed a competent umpire would know. I don't believe I've ever seen a USA scoring manual or statistics manual.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
irish, now you are showing just how ignorant you really are. Why would an umpire not no this? After all it is in the USA RULE BOOK which I assumed a competent umpire would know. I don't believe I've ever seen a USA scoring manual or statistics manual.

Can you really call someone ignorant and in the same sentence say "no" instead of "know"?

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans

Rule 11 is not for umpires, but the teams. The umpire's only concern is what has been scored.

AG# 1

Rule 11 is not for umpires, but the teams. The umpire's only concern is what has been scored.

LMAO, irish. you are just digging this whole you fell in even deeper. Great job on telling me that Rule 11 is not for umpires, but the Rule I posted and was asking about was, RULE 5 - THE GAME
Section 6. GAME WINNER. Shouldn't you know it??

maybe it's time to open up a rule book and see what exactly is in there, apparently it must have changed on you since 1936

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
But Irish is the ignorant one? This whole thread should be buried in a hole along with AG.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Hole?

Webp.net-resizeimage-6-3-920x584.jpg