Secret Santa 2010 What did you get thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvinxnguyen

BALL OUT!!!
Went to check the mail and my last package arrived!!!

3b576e5f.jpg

Thank you so much Seth they are awesome and I love them!

bd44f5e6.jpg

Amazing!!!!!
I love it all and my little sister loves the doll!!!!
Again thank you so much Seth you are the best!

awsome gift!!!! didnt notice the batrack the first time. looks nice

Madsunz

The gift was supposed to be $35 minimum, not gift plus shipping. In that case, someone shipping to or from Canada would only have to spend $15 on their gift, that is not the point. The gift (before shipping) should be a minimum of $35 spent with no maximum.

I don't know if it would make it easier or harder, but it would be cool if there were two tiers for SS. An upper tier for people that want to spend more (or be more elaborate with their gift) and a lower tier for people that want to take part in the exchange but don't have the time, budget, or want to be more elaborate or spend more than $35. It might be a dumb idea, but when I see a guy that spends $75 - $100, and every part of his (or her) gift is well thought out, researched, etc. and their SS is completely stoked with what they got it bums me out when they get a pair of batting gloves and a shirt (probably two of the more universal things that can be bought). The thought is what counts, but something should be said when there is no thought to count.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
next year I am probably going to change it to a $100 minimum and more GTG feedbacks, this will hopefully make the experience better for all who join.

rawlsy32

I'm that guy
that sounds like a good idea Sonic..b/c seriously if someone who gets someone a bat and receives some knobcuffs and a t-shirt..that kinda garbage..I know it's the thought that counts but that's not thinkin too hard

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked up the first (yes - FIRST) package from Whitehall - Some sweet Under Armour compression shorts and compression longsleeve! Awesome pick, and I can't wait for the next box to arrive!! After all is recieved, I will take picks.

Thanks dude!!

I was going to wait until my third (yes, THIRD) package arrive, but I cannot let Whitehall go without massive thanks any longer. Dude totally hooked a BROE up:

6b7884d8.jpg

Louisville Voltage
Worth Toxic Titan
UA Compression Shorts
UA Compression Long Sleeve (in the wash, already used it)

I am told there is a third package filled with Deer jerky, summer sausage, and some other softball goodies.

I knew my wife was fibbing when she said I was naughty this year.

Thanks again and pics will be posted when the next box comes in!

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
The gift was supposed to be $35 minimum, not gift plus shipping. In that case, someone shipping to or from Canada would only have to spend $15 on their gift, that is not the point. The gift (before shipping) should be a minimum of $35 spent with no maximum.

I don't know if it would make it easier or harder, but it would be cool if there were two tiers for SS. An upper tier for people that want to spend more (or be more elaborate with their gift) and a lower tier for people that want to take part in the exchange but don't have the time, budget, or want to be more elaborate or spend more than $35. It might be a dumb idea, but when I see a guy that spends $75 - $100, and every part of his (or her) gift is well thought out, researched, etc. and their SS is completely stoked with what they got it bums me out when they get a pair of batting gloves and a shirt (probably two of the more universal things that can be bought). The thought is what counts, but something should be said when there is no thought to count.

This post was more thought out than some of the gifts that were given. I have to say though the number of outstanding gifts outweighed the number of non effort gifts.. You can definately see a difference in those who are in it to make it a great experience for everyone and those who are looking to spend the minimum and hope to get something great...

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not opposed to raising the minimum spending and G2G's, but there was a $35 minimum in place. It is not very much in the spirit to get down on those that stuck to the budget. If you spent kore than the budget, good for you and good for the recipient. Nobody told you to go over, but I know ( for a fact) that as a recipient I am very greatful, as I am sure others are as well. No don't get me wrong, some of the gifts show no effort, and probably entered in hopes of gettng a bat. I know I got spoiled, and I can say enough about my SS.

I just to make sure everybody remembers what this is about, and it is not about scoring the best stuff, or looking lime a hot shot spender.

Jared717

<font color="Red">Addicted to Softballfans</font>
I would not be opposed to the $100 minimum. That would be pretty cool. The only thing I could think of would be this if possible. If there are quite a few people from Canada that are doin the Secret Santa then try and pair some of them up or people that live closer to Canada that would be less on the shipping. But I really Enjoyed this years secret santa!!! It was only my 2nd time doing it but I really enjoy it. I mean if people started picking up a few things here and there over the season this coming year it wouldn't be to difficult to come up with a gift around $100 bucks. Shoot i know people can find deals on here and locally on bats that are worth $100+ and only have to pay $80 or so.

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
I would not be opposed to the $100 minimum. That would be pretty cool. The only thing I could think of would be this if possible. If there are quite a few people from Canada that are doin the Secret Santa then try and pair some of them up or people that live closer to Canada that would be less on the shipping. But I really Enjoyed this years secret santa!!! It was only my 2nd time doing it but I really enjoy it. I mean if people started picking up a few things here and there over the season this coming year it wouldn't be to difficult to come up with a gift around $100 bucks. Shoot i know people can find deals on here and locally on bats that are worth $100+ and only have to pay $80 or so.

This has been discussed in the faq's. It will be kept completey random, that is part of the fun of it. Heck, there people in Japan and Hawaii. Should the be segregated to? If you are going to sign up, live with the rules.

whitehall

insert comment here
I was going to wait until my third (yes, THIRD) package arrive, but I cannot let Whitehall go without massive thanks any longer. Dude totally hooked a BROE up:

6b7884d8.jpg

Louisville Voltage
Worth Toxic Titan
UA Compression Shorts
UA Compression Long Sleeve (in the wash, already used it)

I am told there is a third package filled with Deer jerky, summer sausage, and some other softball goodies.

I knew my wife was fibbing when she said I was naughty this year.

Thanks again and pics will be posted when the next box comes in!
i'm glad you like everything broe, and let me know about the 3rd box cause i insured everything and i can get everything replaced if it doesn't get there or is lost

Pitch Perfect

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I am in that crowd as of right now. I got a $25 GC to Amazon. com and my SS said he was waiting on the last part of gift #2 to show up. If it didn't show up by day "X" he would ship out what he already had. I haven't heard back from him since. He may still be waiting which is fine, but I have no idea and am still short changed as of right now

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm glad you like everything broe, and let me know about the 3rd box cause i insured everything and i can get everything replaced if it doesn't get there or is lost

You bet! This was fun, and I can't wait for next year!!

All the best for you and your family in 2011.

Raiderfan81

4theFallen Fanatic
next year I am probably going to change it to a $100 minimum and more GTG feedbacks, this will hopefully make the experience better for all who join.

I dont about $100 but definitely $50-$65. It shouldnt be about the numbers but more the thought......more GTGs would be nice as well......maybe 15-20+

jonadsem

Go Patriots!
I'm not one of the guys that got nothing, but I do think we need to move to a policy where if you run into money issues, you should be able to contact Sonic and let him know so he can either find someone to help the board bro out or just replace that individual with someone from a reserve list. Not that I don't appreciate getting a glove repair kit, and I do understand money issues, I lost my job in October, I still managed to hook my SS up with some decent stuff.

Bagel_7

Addicted to Softballfans
I am in that crowd as of right now. I got a $25 GC to Amazon. com and my SS said he was waiting on the last part of gift #2 to show up. If it didn't show up by day "X" he would ship out what he already had. I haven't heard back from him since. He may still be waiting which is fine, but I have no idea and am still short changed as of right now
Good luck bro I got a 30 dollar gift card and im considered received you might be in the same boat

Pitch Perfect

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I pm'ed Sonic and he has me as receved because I got something, but he has a note in his personal records that I didn't receive a full gift yet

NoRangeAg

three three
I dont about $100 but definitely $50-$65. It shouldnt be about the numbers but more the thought......more GTGs would be nice as well......maybe 15-20+

As long as I get grandfathered in I'm good with this. I have less than 10 GTG's but want to still be able to take part next year, this was a blast.

Maybe have a higher GTG limit with a grandfather rule if you participated previously like there is currently in place.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

As long as I get grandfathered in I'm good with this. I have less than 10 GTG's but want to still be able to take part next year, this was a blast.

Maybe have a higher GTG limit with a grandfather rule if you participated previously like there is currently in place.

I have no issue with this at all Sonic

All good points but in reality there is no true way to really police the whole SS Gift giving. As one who has read every post in this thread you can see more often that not throughout this whole thing most of the people who joined got in for the right reason. The reason is to have fun and make sure a board bro has a good Christmas. Then there are the few that you can tell just got in in hopes of being hooked up while spending the bare minimum. There is only 1 way of making sure everyone gets hooked up is to raise the minimum. Even when it's a $35 minimum you still had guys spending less than $30, those are the guys you know are in it to get hooked up. Honestly, even if you run into money trouble everyone has something laying around the house they don't use any longer that someone else would like or get use out of that could be thrown in with your gift. Even if its a couple of used DVD's or things like that could be used to supplement the gift.
I don't really see how raising the GTG Feedback will be that effective, there were almost 400 people in it this year and no way Sonic can keep track of everyones feedback to get into it. There was at least one guy who snuck in this year who has NGTG feedback and was dealing altered bats.
At least if the minimum is at least doubled it would make people think twice about how well they would get hooked up if they have to spend close to $100 trying to get a bat and have more people in it for the right reason which in the end is to make sure someone else has a great Christmas...

whitehall

insert comment here
the 100 bucks in my opinion is better, with the prices on stuff these days, you can spend a hundo real quick, so i'm good with doin the 100

Madsunz

I am not opposed to raising the minimum spending and G2G's, but there was a $35 minimum in place. It is not very much in the spirit to get down on those that stuck to the budget. If you spent kore than the budget, good for you and good for the recipient. Nobody told you to go over, but I know ( for a fact) that as a recipient I am very greatful, as I am sure others are as well. No don't get me wrong, some of the gifts show no effort, and probably entered in hopes of gettng a bat. I know I got spoiled, and I can say enough about my SS.

I just to make sure everybody remembers what this is about, and it is not about scoring the best stuff, or looking lime a hot shot spender.

You are correct, it isn't in the spirit. But, when guys spend $20 or less, that isn't meeting the minimum requirement. It is pretty obvious on the 2-3 that I have noticed that were not at the minimum. What is great, is the recipients of those gifts were still gracious, even though they kind of got the shaft.

Madsunz

I would be ok with $100 as the minimum, but would be ok even if it was $75. The thing that bums be out is seeing guys send off two league champion t-shirts (probably free), a generic hat (probably free), and a pair of $15 batting gloves. The gift meets the minimum, but has absolutely no thought in it. You can tell that the recipient wasn't researched at all, there is nothing specific to that board member such as team colors, favorite pro or college teams, family oriented stuff, alcohol or food preference items, etc. When someone sends a decent bat (not a dented Lighthouse or Ultimate Weapon), even if the recipient isn't interested in it, most members are totally ok with their SS selling/trading the item for something they want.

All of this said, I truly appreciate all the work Ricky has put into this over the last 6 years. I'm happy to see he was able to be a part of it this year. Keep up the good work Sonic. And keep giving great gifts (most of the rest of the guys in the SS program). Happy New Year to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.