Senior bats on a budget

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
The OG Combats models are great bats! Silver Snake, Yellow Mike Machenko, early Centenarian...hard to find but awesome Combats! I agree with the Wicked evaluation given. Aloha, Fabe

BlueBalls11

No, If you're needing a good performing Senior bat that will last at a good price get the 2018 Worth Wicked. Bat is the black version with green lettering takes a couple hundred swings to loosen up but after that bat performance is great. You can find them in the $60-90 range.
Agree with the Worth Wicked... Same bat as the 2019 in black just paint... Take a bit of a break in but are great after that. From what I have heard it is designed from the same guy as the Ultra... I have a bunch in 25,26,27.... $78 dollars delivered to anyone on this site. Bought them for my league and to sell to friends, but no games on the horizon here at ground zero. PM if you want one..

dunno

Any of the Combat senior models any good?

Almost everyone I see using the red Combat "rocket launcher" has good performance compared to when swinging their other brand bats. I bought one based on price but swinging it feels weird like wielding a log.
Best deals for my money have been the aforementioned Worth Wicked or Adidas reloaded if you can find one in the wrapper shipped for under a hunsky like I did.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree on the Wicked, great bat for the money. If you can find the 2018 Easton Empire, the last ones I found were well under 100 too.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
So what’s the best senior bat for the buck?
Is the green n black 2 piece Easton empire balanced bat good for $100?

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked one up in a 27oz. Doesn't feel all that balanced to me. Swings like it's end loaded. At least to me it does.

My 28s feel just like the balance Fire Flex bats I had been swinging my last couple years of young ball....Well worth the money to me.

I have had '17 Easton Baker's that varied how they felt from 27oz to 28oz so it is possible.

longball101

Part Time Player
2019 Green XXX Worth wicked (end load) is, well wicked. I picked mine up original to use for BP and have as a back up bat, but two tourny's ago while taking BP, it starting feeling really good. Used it in my FHC tourny, hit 8 out that weekend, haven't been able to put it away, it is now my gamer, although I have an OG Dudley Legend and prefer 2 pc bats. This Wicked has hit a new gear and is getting stupid, has a large sweet spot. Picked my up for $50 shipped, seeing the go at that price all day. Can't beat that price. I have maybe a little over 400 swings, no webbing , cracking or shipping so far. Very eager to see how long it lasts.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
I just picked up the 2019 worth wicked xxx also for $50. Only have 40hits with classic Ms at 90* weather.
It’s not open 100% but it felt good for $50.

longball101

Part Time Player
Hit the Classic M's over at Viera in scortching heat, those balls sucked, came back to FHC last weekend and that bat smokes the balls we use. Definitely worth $50, wait til you get 350+ on it, you should start to feel and hear the bat open up, but i also thought it hit pretty damn good out of the wrapper

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
I just moved up to seniors a few weeks ago, so we only have classic Ms to hit or 52/275 classic plus junk balls.
Most classic Ms are junk, but the Dudley thunder Z classic Ms and a few other brands are good.
Yeah it still had that new bat sound to it. Might try to do a few more bp sessions when the youngsters go.
But I was still impressed with its distance out the wrapper. I didn’t swing my usssa bats this session to see if there was a difference.
But it is still Seemed good, so good, I bought another for $50. It don’t hurt to have a backup for that price

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Get some Evil 44 max balls and BP them with that bat. 100 hits and look out

Haha... oh yeah those will definitely open it up quicker. I have some older 44/375 and some 5xx blue dots which are a beast.
It’s just what these guys bring to the table to bp with. Plus with my luck we’d loose my good balls vs the crappy ones they bring.