Senior bats on a budget

fvcat1408

Addicted to Softballfans
Have the orange and white evil ball the dozen have been hit at least 1000 times. They are still flying!

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
What core / compression do seniors play with. I've been on the sidelines for a few years and am ready to start playing again .

Here in s Texas, we usually hit a 44/375 ssusa ball. I think they are trumps. But if there are too many hr, I’ve seen a few 44/375 asa balls thrown in.
The league provides the balls, so we all hit the same ball thrown in by the ump

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
The preferred SSUSA ball is the Trump Stote with Microcell tech. Its listed at 44-375 but out flies ASA balls by a ton due to the Microcell tech.

being a city league, it’s all about budget. I don’t think we hit those, maybe I am wrong.
I’ll check this week at our game or if we bp today

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
So the black Wicked and green Wicked are the same bat? Because the green one is cheaper than the black right now.

longball101

Part Time Player
Yep, not sure why, maybe because there are so many green ones(2109) vs black ones(2018). Maybe there is a difference but all my research keeps telling me it was just a paint scheme swap. I like the green one, never swung the black one

dunkky

So the black Wicked and green Wicked are the same bat? Because the green one is cheaper than the black right now.
I swung the black one 26oz, it's pretty good stick. just a bit light for me. i am really really curious, how much better suncoast red one is.

longball101

Part Time Player
ive taken one swing with the red the 2019 red adidas 2 pc, hooked immediately...farthest ball i ever hit, and that bat was new

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I have a screen shot of one ad saying the green one was 13" and another said 14. All of the listings on the bay say 13.5, so who knows.

I'll probably throw these up on the sell board because I don't know what exactly they are.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Have had both the worths. ..I felt the neon broke in faster is pretty good right out of wrapper . Huge sweet spot.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
I have 50 cuts on my Green worth wicked xxx, now. It felt decent with classic Ms, but not hot yet. I just got my hands on a Dudley Lightning 2.0, not too cheap tho. It Needs more cuts for it to get hot also. May pick up a 13” adidas melee 2 also. Went from cheap bats to $200 each bats

longball101

Part Time Player
Wait til your Wicked hits 250-300 swings....you'll like it a lot. I hit good 44/375 balls and its my gamer.....until this weekend when I switch to the 12" Adidas Melee:D

Tri-C2

Addicted to Softballfans
2019 Green XXX Worth wicked (end load) is, well wicked. I picked mine up original to use for BP and have as a back up bat, but two tourny's ago while taking BP, it starting feeling really good. Used it in my FHC tourny, hit 8 out that weekend, haven't been able to put it away, it is now my gamer, although I have an OG Dudley Legend and prefer 2 pc bats. This Wicked has hit a new gear and is getting stupid, has a large sweet spot. Picked my up for $50 shipped, seeing the go at that price all day. Can't beat that price. I have maybe a little over 400 swings, no webbing , cracking or shipping so far. Very eager to see how long it lasts.

I agree!..I picked one up super cheap...thought the same thing, I would use it as a BP bat...it has close to 350-400 swings on it , and is spitting fire....VERY under rated bat

dunkky

another underrated one is 18 easton empire. wicked is a very good bat. Last Sat tourney, i hit triple, double, splited OFs with wicked. Good exit speed. Not sure about the pop as i didn't lift any of the balls except one mis-hit deep fly ball. But I like red empire better due to more endload.

longball101

Part Time Player
is that the one piece Empire or 2 pc you're talking about

I'm seeing that a lot of guys don't have the patience to break in a bat, that want it hot now! I'll take the savings and put in the swings...lol

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Wait til your Wicked hits 250-300 swings....you'll like it a lot. I hit good 44/375 balls and its my gamer.....until this weekend when I switch to the 12" Adidas Melee:D

Yeah I definitely need to put more cuts on it in bp, bad thing is our senior league shuts down during winter months, so I’ll get no game time use out of any of these senior bats. I’ll bp with the younger crowd and get more cuts on it and it will be ready next year. I’m not going to give up on it yet, paid $50 for it so I am going to abuse this bat till it gets hot.

But I swung that Dudley Lightning last night, dam that bat is very nice n hot. It has no webbing on it so I can only imagine how it will get when it starts to web up.

That’s the orange adidas el Melee one? I was trying to get one also. Seems 26 are sold out, but I may get one in 25 or a 13” in 25 or 26.
The adidas seem just as good as a Dudley Lightning Bat.

longball101

Part Time Player
I had a nice OG Red Knob Lightening 34/28, the unicorn SR bat...it stayed in my bag and was back-up to my Wicked once it got hot. The Wicked has a HUGE sweet spot. Ended upo trading the OG Dudley for a 2019 Adidas Melee and cash...Wicked stays in the bag and is back-up to the Adidas starting this weekend..lol

longball101

Part Time Player
I cant even remember why I bought my first one...lol. Had to be the price and after watching Dave V's review on the 2018. I m trying to really hit mine hard and a lot to see how long it will last and see if it has another level left in it

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Funny how those Wickeds were considered flops when they came out

Now I’m trying to remember how or why I found them. I saw David’s video after I had bought one. I think I took bp with some of seniors and they all had the $99 empire. They told me to get one for $99, so I said why not, but they only had 27s online fo $99. I wanted a 26, so I think I went to ebay to try n find a 26 empire for $99 and put in ssusa bats in the search and found it there. I watched a few auctions and said, let’s get one for cheap, I can’t lose at all. If I can get more than 500 hits, well good broken in hits out of it, I’ll be happy. if I get more, even better. I bought another one just Incase I like it too much once it’s broken in.

longball101, how do I like that adidas?

longball101

Part Time Player
about 20 cuts on the one I just got, bat feels great but couldn't real cut loose because little kids were at football practice just on the other side of the LF fence, and I am a dead pull hitter....will game it this weekend, but I love the feel of it. But I have no reservations switching to the Wicked if I feel it needs more break in time

Side note: I converted one of my team mates to the wicked, delivering him his new bat this weekend..lol

floo56

Addicted to Softballfans
Always been an Easton guy...finally got some good Senior models! I broke in a blue one piece 2018 empire...really good sound n performance...also bought 2 2020 one piece Ron Parnell models...great exit speeds n beginning to get distance too! Aloha, Fabe