Senior Bats

lb16

the natural
Need some help looking at getting my first senior bat. I am considering the SR-1. Need some opinions on this bat 2012 and 2013 versions compared to the other senior bats Miken, Reebox etc. Thanks!!

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
The Reebok is retarded. My league allows senior bas. Every team has the run of the mill Combats, Geezers, and Sr1, Launch, and Boombahs. The few Reeboks that I've seen have been head and shoulders above the rest.

seaside12179

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree the reeboks are the best but like most senior bats do not last very long. The 2012"SR-1 is on sale for $99 shipped. Pretty good since most all senior bats do not last past 500 swings.

dynatone

Addicted to Softballfans
Agree that the Reebok yellow EL is the slight consensus leader from folks I've talked to. Swung it a little and didn't see it.

If getting an SR.1, get the 2013. It is better durability and pop than the 2012 and has a little endload.
Pay a little more for the 2013 and get a better bat.

The SR.1s have 1.20BPF printed on them (like Utrip bats) while most of the other company's senior bats are 1.21BPF.
No one from Demar can explain this difference to me (CS or FH). One could infer that the Demars are not as hot. Still an outstanding question for me.

Last edited:

Phil Stevens

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung a 26 bal. Reebok in batting practice today. I hit the farthest ball of the day. I might have to sell my Geezers...

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
you know how silly it is when somebody asks 'what's the best asa bat?'. the same still pretty much applies for senior bats. there's a couple 'duds', but overall they all hit the ball rediculously well and its about finding the 'right' bat, not the 'best' bat.

what i can tell you is that the geezer and the lime green SR.1 are MUCH more durable than the purple/blue SR.1

i can also tell you that despite my love for juggy's, the geezer seems to fit somewhere between utrip and senior bats. i've never been able to get one worked in enough to compete with a u2 or senior combat. but i've also never gotten a utrip bat worked in enough to compete with the geezer. it's a great option if you use harder balls, play in cool weather, and want to put 1000 hits on the bat without it breaking(your results my vary)

the difference between 1.20BPF and 1.21BPF is actually something to do with the testing. something was 'wrong' or outdated with the old testing, when they changed it, the previously tested 1.20BPF bats would score 1.21BPF, so they just upped the allowable BPF for the new bats with the new testing procedure to maintain the same performance. i'm not really sure why demarini would still be stamping them 1.20BPF unless they are underperforming compared to the competition. that's a good question i'd like to hear an answer to as well. considering the hoopla around the cannon which had a 1.205BPF, it would appear .01 is significant