Shadow updates????

nissben

Freakin Ninja
how have they been treatin you guys? I still banging the old school fse one, so i havent really come around to really breakin in the shadow...any updates? sweetspot? i did hit with it a few times but not nearly enough to break it in, and i (and Im probably the only one) do feel like it has a slight difference. i hit it off the sweetspot area and it didnt sting compared to the og..but then again, ive got lizard skins on it from the previous owner, and the og has sweet grips...you think that would make the difference? anyways, if anyones got some updates, lets hear em!

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yes come on let's hear it....

Is it just a nicer paint job to the fugly yellow, or is it a faster breakin and different feeling bat...

The lack of reviews on the shadow have me believing thus far it's just nicer paint.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Def not what I wanted to read.

The Black/Yellow was already a bit too stiff. I liked it though.

Problem is I just don't have the time to put the hits into them to break them in. No doubt they are durable and what not, but damn things take 100+ to finally be at their best, and when they are, they get to about on par of a 2015 Miken with 80 hits into it. Hmmmmm.

I was hoping the shadow was an improvement on break in time, and a MUCH nicer look.

More endloaded, stiffer feel,

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want a quicker break in.......Try on of the 2014 FSE balanced versions. Less than 500 swings and mine had jumped to the top of the bag this spring.......... Then some gutless, CMT Music Festival, country music groupie stole it............F*****N tourist!

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoe, the Blackout has pretty good pop from the get-go. You dont have to get a bazillion swing on it before it is any good.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I'll keep that in mind on the FSE.

I've owned 3 blackouts. Only the 26.5 got going under 500 hits. The 28.5 and 29.5 took forever.

Still have the 29.5 sold to a buddy on my team, and even when we still BP it isn't quite open like the 26.5 got.

Maybe the weight makes a difference?? It usually doesn't with other brands....

Either way, I am not mainly a mizuno guy, was more of an LS until recently dablling into the 2015 Mikens. But I always like to keep one around up here in Canada, because it gets cold and they are tanks.

No doubt I know the whole super stiff 1pc bat won't be a DC41 feel. But if you compare a Psycho vs Blackout, the break in difference is night and day.

I did really like the 26.5 and regret unloading it a little. But I am a little too impatient to wait on that many hits to open one up again.

Shoe, the Blackout has pretty good pop from the get-go. You dont have to get a bazillion swing on it before it is any good.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Should be swinging it tomorrow. Assuming the little bro brought it up from Nashville with him.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes come on let's hear it....

Is it just a nicer paint job to the fugly yellow, or is it a faster breakin and different feeling bat...

The lack of reviews on the shadow have me believing thus far it's just nicer paint.

I've got a NIW shadow to break in over the winter, you're welcome to help me out, LOL.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got a NIW shadow to break in over the winter, you're welcome to help me out, LOL.

Hamilton.....I played hockey near there a few hundred years ago.
I be up to see family in January. Ill help you break it in. At that time we should be able to break in in 50 swings;)

GrinningBear

Bat has pop. Ball flies well off the sweetspot. Miss hits sting. BADLY. I would take any Blackout except the ASA balanced over the Shadow.

GrinningBear

Few hundred. Had a couple hundred already and we put about 50-75 more.

Honestly, this is very similar to this year's unnecessarily orange L2. Both have great pop off the sweetspot with about the same number of hits and sting badly off the sweetspot. This was admittedly my first live BP since June, but the Blackouts and Craze did not sting as bad, if at all. Well, except for the ASA balanced.

i'm just not swinging mine...no reason other than i can't put down my OG FSE...as the weather gets colder i'm planning on breaking them out more and will be primarily be swinging them in the off season during BP

nissben

Freakin Ninja
i'm just not swinging mine...no reason other than i can't put down my OG FSE...as the weather gets colder i'm planning on breaking them out more and will be primarily be swinging them in the off season during BP

Same reason I haven't really used mine, except for one bp session. My OG fse is disgusting right now, I can't put it down

Fuzz

Extra Hitter
Maybe I should get a shadow all I hit is the ba on the combat logo or the st on the easton the rest of the barrel is a waste

GrinningBear

True Joe. I can hit with anything.

We put several over the walking path on Stroemple at Volunteer Park, which is 340+. It's not a bad bat. I don't think Mizuno is going to start making bad bats. But they're stepping back. The Shadow just hurt and the Blackouts didn't and gave less off the sweetspot. Like, sting as bad as my OG Techfire hurt. Sweetspot wasn't THAT bad. It felt like the L2. But I would buy another BO over the Shadow or any of the Easton line.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Thanks to all for the reviews.

I think i'll seek out either a well well hit Black/Yellow BO or keep with the Miken Psycho as my 1pc bats.

Mizuno durability is nice, but not at the expense of lesser performance in my hands.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks to all for the reviews.

I think i'll seek out either a well well hit Black/Yellow BO or keep with the Miken Psycho as my 1pc bats.

Mizuno durability is nice, but not at the expense of lesser performance in my hands.

Oh thats BS! you take that back!!!

THESHOE

Starting Player
My buddy has my 28.5 and 29.5 Blackouts as a result of a trade and such.

I just got my Izzy Psycho at about 120 cuts max came out of wrapper a few weeks ago, and it is outdoing those two bats which have easily 400-500 cuts plus on them each. No matter who swings them.

The only one I regret getting rid of was the 26.5 which was over 1000 cuts and served me well. But even then, I swear it wasn't in DC41 or Psycho territory.

FWIW, I did not pay full tilt for any Miken and still got warranties. While Mizuno still goes for $179 here and more for Shadows.

That's why I say that. Nothing against those bats, and I have seen what they can do with 1K+ hits into them. But for the money, I expect a bit more.

Was hoping the Shadow was at least an improvement on break in. But it doesn't sound like it. So I'll pass.

Oh thats BS! you take that back!!!