shin guards...

JDM215

Addicted to Softballfans
am I the only pitcher in this softball world that always wears shin guards?

yeah..... also the first in the softball world to use a composite bat. first to use a knuckleball. first to get some snazzy looking pants and jerseys with matching towels and tampons too

txjester

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear mine no matter where I'm at on the field. Never know when you'll have to go pitch.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
I know of a small hand full in the leagues I play around here. I just found out that a really good player that I sub for on a team wears them. I was surprised because he really is a good glove who generally plays ss or 2b. Doesn't miss nearly any going his way.

In the end everyone has a responsibility to their families or loved ones to play it safe because you never know when that one finds your shins or head perfectly and you might be done for a while........

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I wear mine and last week they saved me a trip to the ER. I still have a golf ball sized lump in my shin, but it's not broken.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
No, I wear Full leg protection as my beer rest prevents me from bending over getting those shin and ankle burners.

I'd rather be a little hot than visit the ER and limp around with an extra knee on my shin

M

MJL 00

Shin guards didn't help when got hit in foot and busted it all up :eek:(and yes I was pitching

But if pitching pretty good idea IMO

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
I wear mine in tournament ball Hockey Shinguards.......I should wear them in league because I beleive I will actually get hit in league more the tournaments. I ALWAYS wear head protection thought.

League I jsut stand out there and flip the ball in so guys can hit it and I rearely get into a good fielding position but in tournaments I am always aware that the ball will be coming at me.

leftcenter01

on the down slope
I wear lizardskinz shin and knee guards and a worth pithing helmet. Watched a guy get his eye socket busted just last night in a rec league.

i wear mine at all times when in the dirt..along with my rip-it mask.....never know when that bad hop will be there.....also by wearing them when i am not pitching keeps me used to them for when i do pitch.......

JRod21

Star Player
We got a guy in our league that wears shin guards and a facemask...well this guy starts walking batters 4 in a row i think, then the guy switches with there LF and so he runs into the OF still wearing his shin gaurds and facemask while in the OF. Haha. You figured he would have taken them off before he went out, but no he looked like darth vadar in the OF.

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
Broomball shin guards, lacrosse helmet, and nutty buddy at all times...helmet and cup are a no-brainer, and I got the leg guards since I got hit in the lower shin last year and it is no fun having a shin burger, I don't care if I get made fun of, no sense in risking injury for a recreational hobby imo

Pumacat35

Professional Hitter
i wear mine at all times when in the dirt..along with my rip-it mask.....never know when that bad hop will be there.....also by wearing them when i am not pitching keeps me used to them for when i do pitch.......

Agreed!! I wear a Gameface when I play in the dirt as well.