Short Barrels

After much trial and error I have found that I am more partial to 2 piece bats that are listed as 12" barrel. My question is - how are the barrels measured? Initially I thought the barrel length represented the length of the 2nd piece but I just purchased two bats listed as 13" barrels and the 2nd piece on one of those bats is longer then the other.

Also, where can I go to find a list of ASA 12" barrel bats? Is anyone able to provide a list?

Thanks in advance!

the barrel is the flat area where contact is made

it's not hard to look at specs from the manufacturer to find out what's a 12" barrel

Thanks Rusty. I know this probably seems like a dumb question. ... So you're saying once the barrel starts to taper off is when the barrel ends?

I've noticed that DeMarini's (Flipper and One) tend to have shorter 2nd pieces. (If that makes sense)

I just scrolled down and saw the thread titled "2 Piece, Short Barrel, Balanced, New Utrip Stamp" so that did help provide some clarity regarding manufactuers who produce 12" and 12.5", and I'm certainly sure I can research each bat individually, I was just looking for a way to filter the search.

RustyShakleford

miken/worth don't make anything under 13.5" currently. pretty sure all current Mizuno's are 13". everyone else makes something in 12" or 12.5" I believe

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing the Mako Torq ASA which has the 12" barrel. I have the 26 and 27 oz. I have noticed the barrel is longer on the 27 oz. I guess this is where the extra oz. comes from. I realize that you are asking about the U-Trip bats but I assuming the two bats are made the same but different stamps and performance.

I realize that you are asking about the U-Trip bats but I assuming the two bats are made the same but different stamps and performance.

I'm actually asking about ASA, I was just referencing the U-trip thread for some of the info it provided. (i can certainly see how that was confusing)

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Easton might be your best bet for 12" barrel 2 piece bats. They have ASA and USSSA models available. All are endloaded though. If you dislike endload you'll have to look elsewhere.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
With as popular as the Freak 12 has been I have zero clue why Worth/Miken haven't produced any 12" barrels this year. Not everyone needs 13.5" of barrel.

Sooo .. I thought about going to to each manufactures website and looking at the specs for all ASA model in search of 12" or 12.5" barrels but I figured it would just be easier to continue to ask here. I'm open to considering any manufacture as long as it is a 12" or 12.5".

It's the dog days of winter and the board is slow - List away. ;)

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
The EL torq is 12", balanced it a 13"

I swing the Mako Torq ASA which has the 12" barrel. I have the 26 and 27 oz. I have noticed the barrel is longer on the 27 oz. I guess this is where the extra oz. comes from. I realize that you are asking about the U-Trip bats but I assuming the two bats are made the same but different stamps and performance.