Shot Middle on Girl Pitcher Last Night... Oops.

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
I'm not cool enough to use it, I'm assuming it's the new "I got it" based on guys saying it when they are catching my shortstops pop ups.:eek::mad:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I'm not cool enough to use it, I'm assuming it's the new "I got it" based on guys saying it when they are catching my shortstops pop ups.:eek::mad:

I honestly feel it's even more stupid to hear a guy yelling, "Ball!! Ball!!! Ball!!!!" over and over again................When I can see it's a ****ing ball. What I'm wondering is, "Who's going to catch it?"

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
You should consider yourself lucky chances are if it were lower she would have snapped you off anyhow. She's been playing this sport her entire life you aren't the first and won't be the last to hit middle at her...

BORCH94

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing ASA Modified last night (yeah, I know, but nobody reads that board, and this is where all the "Hitting Middle" -threads live).

Girl pitcher who is pretty good and throws low & hard (50-60 MPH). She would not give me a nice pitch - Everything low & outside.

So, I scooped out the last one and it pissled inches over her head to CF. I think it scared me more than her, since she really had no reaction -time.

I immediately apologized to her from 1st. Sometimes hard to avoid... :eek:

Really glad it got over her. Keep seeing it in my head. Maybe I should just let those pitches go and take a walk, but sometimes it is automatic...

No baloney comments from other team, or retaliation that I could tell. I was expecting it a little, being the pitcher... phew!

Let the "Kewl Story, Brah" -ing begin...

So this chick is throwing 50-60 and 45 feet away... so this would be roughly the equivalent to a baseball pitch 75-80ish. Sooo... I always remembered apologizing to the pitch in high school baseball when it went back up the middle.:confused: IJS
No need to aplogoize for it in Mod if she's throwing that hard.

petebanta

Addicted to Softballfans
You should consider yourself lucky chances are if it were lower she would have snapped you off anyhow. She's been playing this sport her entire life you aren't the first and won't be the last to hit middle at her...

Perhaps, but doubtful. She never even moved her arms up after the ball. Still in her relase position. 6" lower and she was out cold, at best. :(