Should I buy a used composite psycho

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
If you do pick up the Psycho too dont be surprised if it hits better then the Sick right away. With how used the Psycho is, it should be very broken in and hot as hell. The sick will get there once it gets some swings so don't give up on it.

Have everyone use the Sick in BP and save the swings left on the Psycho for games only.

i prefer Kid Rock's cowboy to Toby Keith's cowboy because in general i don't understand the term "keyboard cowboy"...cowboys are herders and i'm not sure how that relates

daveccarsley

I have two Pschos...the Denny Crine 2011 and the Izzy 2014. The 2011 seems to be more of a tank than the 2014 as the 2014 has started developing the rattle after just two seasons. They are both great bats and if you can pick up the 2011 for league with minimal bat restrictions, you should jump on it.

If you have no stamp restrictions for league, you might want to look into finding a Miken NRG 600.

In our league, we are permitted to use ASA and USSSA bats. Of course, although it's allowed, almost nobody uses the ASA bats, because they are not as hot. We cannot use anything that isn't stamped by at least one of those two leagues.

Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely going to go and grab that Psycho if I can. In your opinion, should I even try to bring them down, or is $80 a fair enough price for it in the first place? Again, I think it's integrity is likely OK, but boy does it look used. It's to the point where an ump might even toss it from a game because the certification stamps are almost worn away.

Glitch

Starting Player
joker's dell came with a set of testicles

cSld49x.jpg

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
In our league, we are permitted to use ASA and USSSA bats. Of course, although it's allowed, almost nobody uses the ASA bats, because they are not as hot. We cannot use anything that isn't stamped by at least one of those two leagues.

With the old stamps, definitely true. With the new stamps, not-so-much.

daveccarsley

With the old stamps, definitely true. With the new stamps, not-so-much.

I see. I didn't know they changed that much. I thought ASA was still 98mph top batted ball speed, and USSSA still allowed 100+. I guess I didn't keep up with the change much because none of our bats were ever in question.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

Thanks for the advice. I'm definitely going to go and grab that Psycho if I can. In your opinion, should I even try to bring them down, or is $80 a fair enough price for it in the first place? Again, I think it's integrity is likely OK, but boy does it look used. It's to the point where an ump might even toss it from a game because the certification stamps are almost worn away.

Ummm if you can use asa only bats, and you are not using one......you are doing yourself a disservice.

RLH4L

Extra Hitter
I think you downgraded by getting the Sick, but then again I'm a big fan of the Psycho. There is a reason they had 5 of them in their dugout.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I see. I didn't know they changed that much. I thought ASA was still 98mph top batted ball speed, and USSSA still allowed 100+. I guess I didn't keep up with the change much because none of our bats were ever in question.

Yes new ASA rules make the new ASA bats very hot. What part of Michigan you in?