Size Matters- Do these shirts look right to you?

cast44

Addicted to Softballfans
CASTJerseys09-12.jpg
Board Bros, appealing to the court of public opinion to get your thoughts on something. Ordered jerseys from Boombah and I love the quality and colors. I HATE that the left chest logo is too small. The royal and blue is the new one and the navy and blue is the old.

I received a mock-up of the jerseys that specified “not to scale”. I assumed it would be bigger since it said “not to scale” and approved it w/ the assumption that the logo would be the same size as our older one.

I called Boombah and expressed my concerns. They were respectful, but claim that 4” is standard for a front left chest logo. Although I find this hard to believe, I will take them at their word. 4” seems to be an odd sized standard when you consider MLB teams (Cubs, Reds, Yanks et al) have at least a 6” logo. I think it just looks silly. What do you think? I am kicking myself as I assumed (remember what they said in Stripes) that the logo would be bigger because they said it was not to scale and at no time did they specify a size.

Question 1- Eye Test: In your opinion does the logo look too small?
Question 2- Was it fair for me to assume, based on our old jerseys having a larger logo, the fact that I received a mock that said “not to scale” and the eye test standard, that the logo would be bigger?

Thanks for any input.

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
4" is standard ...... Ijs
You should have asked or clarified before hand if you thought it might be an issue

Dick360

Manager
Seems to me that the phrase "not to scale" means that the logo could end up being larger or smaller, thus warranting further inquiry on your part.

g8orguy

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright... I want to agree with the "just wear the shirt" people BUT if 4in is standard then why did the older jerseys have larger than 4in logos?

Jclinard

Addicted to Softballfans
Logo's way to small, boycott the season by wearing jean shorts and wife beaters, thats fashion.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
I just went and looked at all my softball jerseys with breast logos, and all >15 of them have 4" logos

Prime24/7

Addicted to Softballfans
4" is way to small IMO don't want you taking the field looking like a foolio, so send them to me and I'll take them off your hands...no questions asked

cast44

Addicted to Softballfans
Logo's way to small, boycott the season by wearing jean shorts and wife beaters, thats fashion.

Now, this made me laugh. Thanks for the input. Consensus seems to be it looks OK and I should not worry about it.

unibrow

Addicted to Softballfans
Its smallish but acceptable. I agree the old 6 incher too big.
Five inch woulda been perfect proportion. It only seems small because your puny lettering. Your supplier did his job for sure.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm used to being told things are larger than they actually are. :eek:;)

Shirt looks good despite the smaller than expected logo. I say wear it. :)

DeezNutz357

Addicted to Softballfans
they look fine, don't point it out to your teammates and see if they notice,after all, it is not about how you look, its about how you play

cast44

Addicted to Softballfans
And it was good

So I took the advice of not saying a word. Handed them out to my guys and they loved them. Looks like I was making a big deal out of nothing. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the input. Best to all this season.