So is Eli > Peyton?

Treb

Retired
I completely agree. That's the common in this discussion. Just because your TEAM wins the Super Bowl, it doesn't magically make you the most talented QB/player ever. It means your TEAM played well enough to beat the others that year. Eli or Rothisberger or whoever can win 15 Super Bowls. It won't make them "better/ more talented" than Peyton. BTW, I'm not a Colts fan so I really don't care either way, but this debate is so obviously retarded I had to chime in.

so finding out how good a QB is, would be based on numbers. many think Montana is one of the best of all time. i guess they're wrong since there are about a dozen QBs that have more yds, tds and better passer rating than he does.

The Colts never really had a stellar defense. What made them look good was Peyton getting up by a ton then the opposing team becoming one dimensional. If everyone knows you have to pass the ball to catch up then its an open invite to balls deep into a QB. The Giants simply have a better defense. Hence the fact that the Colts could never beat the Patriots when their defense was top notch and a decent offense. It has always been their achilles heal.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
I completely agree. That's the common in this discussion. Just because your TEAM wins the Super Bowl, it doesn't magically make you the most talented QB/player ever. It means your TEAM played well enough to beat the others that year. Eli or Rothisberger or whoever can win 15 Super Bowls. It won't make them "better/ more talented" than Peyton. BTW, I'm not a Colts fan so I really don't care either way, but this debate is so obviously retarded I had to chime in.

No, and why would 2 SB MVP's say otherwise. No one is saying from a pure passer standpoint Eli is better. If I wanted to win 12+ games in the regular season, I'd pick Peyton. If I'm heading into the playoffs on the road outdoors, I'll gladly take Eli.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
so finding out how good a QB is, would be based on numbers. many think Montana is one of the best of all time. i guess they're wrong since there are about a dozen QBs that have more yds, tds and better passer rating than he does.

only idiots think Montana is the best....

Steve Young went 3-13 in tampa and was labelled one of the biggest busts ever.......his first full year starting in Frisco, he goes 14-2 and wins the MVP

rice, taylor, clark, rathman (who caught 70 balls) and probably the greatest receiving RB ever at that time in Craig (offensive POY)

and the first time anyone had actually seen the run and shoot.....

anyone woudl have thrived there

Treb

Retired
The Colts never really had a stellar defense. What made them look good was Peyton getting up by a ton then the opposing team becoming one dimensional. If everyone knows you have to pass the ball to catch up then its an open invite to balls deep into a QB. The Giants simply have a better defense. Hence the fact that the Colts could never beat the Patriots when their defense was top notch and a decent offense. It has always been their achilles heal.

yeah, manning throwing 4 INTs against the Pats had nothing to do with it. the was the D's fault. or manning leading his offense to 3 points....yup, blame the D again.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here

So now Eli is on Montana's level :confused:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::

You are reaching bro. Stop being such a homer and look at the facts.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
only idiots think Montana is the best....

Steve Young went 3-13 in tampa and was labelled one of the biggest busts ever.......his first full year starting in Frisco, he goes 14-2 and wins the MVP

rice, taylor, clark, rathman (who caught 70 balls) and probably the greatest receiving RB ever at that time in Craig (offensive POY)

and the first time anyone had actually seen the run and shoot.....

anyone woudl have thrived there

That was one of the better TEAMS in NFL history

Treb

Retired
Then why in the **** would you be so nut thirsty for Eli? You just out trollin for the day? ;)

you said to look at the facts, what facts? i didn't look but i'm guessing Eli averaged more TDs and yds per season than montana.

yeah, manning throwing 4 INTs against the Pats had nothing to do with it. the was the D's fault. or manning leading his offense to 3 points....yup, blame the D again.

Your taking one game out of how many? My point is that dam near every year the Colts would roll everybody until they came across the Patriots. Or they would meet up against a team that could keep up with them in the Playoffs.

Morris 14

get into stats all u **** want...any of u that say peyton sucks needs shot...when he is on the field a coach is not even needed gfy

AmazingBats

D Nation
My point to this is that Peyton is in my opinion possibly the best QB ever if he comes back and puts up at least good numbers for 2-4 years. If not then he may be 2nd or 3rd. But the main reason that Peyton Manning is going to always be better than Eli when it comes down to anything else but the playoffs maybe is because Peyton is like having a Coach and O-Coordinator on the field in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage at all times. There is nobody that does it like he does the way he runs that whole offense and knows every audible to call at the exact right time to call it and can just control the whole offense while snapping the ball in time for the play clock. This is what makes Peyton so much better than Eli will ever be. This is my opinion I will stfu now!

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
early 90's cowboys, late 80's 9ers, 85 bears, early 2000's pats, 60's pakcers

in that order

70's steelers won 4 sb's in 6 years.
Imo if they had a good qb they would be best all time. As it was even with bradshaw they were dominate. I hated them then and hate them now but cannot overlook them when talking about the great teams.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Everyone who says that Peyton is better is an idiot. Peyton is not good for anything but fantasy. Same as Romo. They are good for stats but cant win a game when they need to. Look at what Peyton has had compared to Eli as far as receivers. Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Garcon. Imagine if Eli had those to work with and what he could do. Eli has had one receiver and thats Nicks. Manningham and Ballard are not on the level as the guys in Indy.

Obviously you have never watched a game of football in your entire life.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
70's steelers won 4 sb's in 6 years.
Imo if they had a good qb they would be best all time. As it was even with bradshaw they were dominate. I hated them then and hate them now but cannot overlook them when talking about the great teams.

you're right...and in related, theorhetical news, if the 2000 ravens defense and the 07 pats offense comnbined, they'd be the best ever.....

wtf is your piont?? you can mix and match a make great teams??? congrats

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Everyone who says that Peyton is better is an idiot. Peyton is not good for anything but fantasy. Same as Romo. They are good for stats but cant win a game when they need to. Look at what Peyton has had compared to Eli as far as receivers. Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Garcon. Imagine if Eli had those to work with and what he could do. Eli has had one receiver and thats Nicks. Manningham and Ballard are not on the level as the guys in Indy.
yeah because Shockey, burress, Toomer, and Cruz are just scrubs. Dude stop talking and save yourself the embarrassment.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Manning revolutionalized the game......he threw passes into windows no one had thought of trying before and he did it every single time out. The reason you see Rodgers and Brady and Brees thread the needle is because Peyton showed them it was possible. Before, if you only had a 2 sq foot area, you threw it elsewhere......Manning just threw it in the 2 sq ft.....couple that w/ no longer being able to paly physical in teh secondary and it's why the NFL is an arena league

Marshenko

Manning revolutionalized the game......he threw passes into windows no one had thought of trying before and he did it every single time out. The reason you see Rodgers and Brady and Brees thread the needle is because Peyton showed them it was possible. Before, if you only had a 2 sq foot area, you threw it elsewhere......Manning just threw it in the 2 sq ft.....couple that w/ no longer being able to paly physical in teh secondary and it's why the NFL is an arena league

That's all Manning too ... 'cuz the Patriots used to stomp-**** the Colts and pick him off so many times, they went the league with the ultimate of butthurts and bitched.
I guess Ty Law gets partial credit.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
That's all Manning too ... 'cuz the Patriots used to stomp-**** the Colts and pick him off so many times, they went the league with the ultimate of butthurts and bitched.
I guess Ty Law gets partial credit.

beliceck too...he knew what play the colts called.....manning called down and B....bill countered w/ down and b