Up and Over
So... Which of these bats...
Bats-Base-Hits.jpg

... is capable of making a base hit??? :rolleyes:

%%%

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
None of them!

This is the right answer - Because BATS don't swing themselves. It's the batter not the bat that makes the hit.

It drives me nuts to see players repeatedly (again and again and again and again....) take big cuts at the ball - simply to have it go 100ft up and 255ft out.

With a little effort (AND PRACTICE), they could tone the swing down to 90% of that monster effort, and send the ball over the infield and down to the ground before the outfielders can reach it. And, yes, once in a while, you have to lay into one and send it deep to keep the outfield honest.

But - to the picture - All of those bats (except the still-in-the-wrapper 3DX) have been used (AS TOOLS) to make base hits.

I would love to see more of my teammates work on that idea...:cool:

%%%

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Nostalgia! I own most of those. All good base hit bats. None of them are remarkable in terms of pop.

ASA Catalyst is probably the best bat in the pic.

I love all those old ESTs and 3DXs.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Yep - The catty is a tank. I still use it (28oz) in cold weather (down to 30°) without being concerned of it cracking.

In one game, years ago, I hit two shots off the centerfield fence - using 44/375 Dudley Thunder Advance balls.

%%%