Soccer cleats

Dogue

Evil Genius
Besides that they typically look stupid?

Grab some turfs or trail running shoes and you'll never wear cleats again. I just picked up some Adidas trails at an outlet store and after 3 games I think they're GTG. Haven't worn them in rain but have had them on wet grass and clay/sand and they better grip than I expected.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
Soccer cleats make you look like a easton hammer type of guy. JS. As Dogue said, i got some trails and never looked back.

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
Besides that they typically look stupid?

Grab some turfs or trail running shoes and you'll never wear cleats again. I just picked up some Adidas trails at an outlet store and after 3 games I think they're GTG. Haven't worn them in rain but have had them on wet grass and clay/sand and they better grip than I expected.

I tried trail shoes they were a bit heavy , at least the ones I tried

Dogue

Evil Genius
I tried trail shoes they were a bit heavy , at least the ones I tried
I've been using Mizuno turfs for years and they seemed fairly light but just picked up some Adidas trails at an outlet store a couple weeks ago and they're very light and comfortable. They do feel a little wider than what I'm used to but nothing too bad.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
from what I've seen with soccer cleats - they are very narrow and looks to me like you would twist an ankle very easy.
Adidas and New Balance make some very light and very affordable trail running shoes. Check out New Balance MT610V2 (or MT710). Very light with pretty aggressive tread.
Many times can find on sale at Kohls and couple that with discount of 20% or 30% we receive in the mail makes them very cheap. And I promise they will be much more comfortable than soccer cleats from WallyWorld! Your feet, ankles and shins will thank you!

Fennellwg

I tried soccer cleats a few years back.
Very inexpensive.
Good traction.
No heel cushioning.
No arch support.
No lateral support.

By the end of summer, my feet were a mess.
Sore ankles, plantar faciitis, sore Achilles.

.....I'll never do that again

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks i bought adidas goletto's. they are more like trail shoes with full soles not spikes.I'll give them a try, comfortable so far

well they run narrow so I got them in a size larger, I tried them for practice nad they were pretty good, it made me feel very stable unlike regular cleats, since I am an infielder I think feeling stable is a big plus, I have the states coming up this weekend so we will see if they perform

Last edited:

Dogue

Evil Genius
those look pretty good too
Wife had some Nike lacrosse turfs a while back..they looked good and she said they were comfortable but they wore down very quick. Seems like a softer rubber for the 'nubs' on those, or at least on the ones she had.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Soccer cleats with the 100% polyester button down shirt, grey spalding pants,Easton Hammer bat and your all set to show off your athletic prowess you stud you.

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
hahahahaha, I must have nailed it huh? Sorry dude I couldn't resist it. I see some guys in my Sunday morning league rocking the nike soccer spikes, the black magic easton bat and the pure polyester high socks and I lose it. Nothing personal, you just got to lose the flip top phone and join the modern era a little bit:cool:

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
and what exactly is wrong with a "flip phone"?? I can use it one-handed with out looking cause I can actually feel the keys.

TA36

Addicted to Softballfans
You want Trail running shoes, not just trail shoes.
They have more give and cushion. Pure trail shoes have tougher soles for walking a rocks etc. big difference.
Adidas TR4 are solid.
It is all about comfort and grip.

RG7

Try Nike Alpha Shark football shoes they have the same tread pattern as baseball shoes are super comfortable and cost around 35 dollars