Softball Bat to Hit Singles

minisf

I played on a slow pitch softball league about 10 years ago, and one of my teammates had a magic bat. I don't know what was the brand or length or weight, but I would step up to bat, look at the infield configuration, and then just swing *easy* and controlled and either hit an simple line drive over the pitcher's head, or down the third base line. I think I hit .900+ those couple of seasons! I may be exaggerating, but probably not by much. Now I'm on a team, and I've yet to swing a bat that just cracks the ball with ease. I'm hitting .729 - 100% singles! - but not with the same easy swing as before. Can someone recommend a bat like this? I guess it has to be ASA compliant, that's what the ump's hat says on it. And maybe I need to be convinced that it's better off for generating *runs* that I hit for doubles instead of just wanting to hit singles, but that's a separate discussion!

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
The change in wording at the end kind of kills the trolling. It would have been just above mediocre otherwise.

ETDave

Old School
Just use any bat you want...if you happen to hit it too far and have a potential double or triple, just stay at first. Problem solved. Unless you hit it over the fence...that screws everything up.