Softball BP (tee) Stadium CL22 and Miken DC41

shaun47

Injured
Here is my new one. New camera angle and I tried to change some things mentioned. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I do apologize in advance, my sister doesn't make an appearance in this video. :(

I also like the Stadium better. The DC41 is a pretty good stick still, but I would never put down my CL22 for it in a game.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIfma4q5Lio[/ame]

shaun47

Injured
Ha. Yeah, I guess if I want advice I def need to add in some vid of the sis, maybe the GF too.

My biggest problem is popping up more often than I should. Like mentioned in my other thread, live pitching would help a lot more than tee work. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Dude, you know how to hit. Just take some live BP and fix youll be ok.. Also, I could loan you my Zepp if you really wanted.

pj3p

Senior Power Hitter :-)
You would get more distance if you weren't swinging up. You get a lot of topspin swinging up and occasional distance. Backspin is your friend. Do not try to lift the ball off of the tee. Just in case you wonder if I may know what I am talking about. I used to have a video on youtube hitting 17 out of 21 balls out with an Easton Hammer off of a tee.

Boling16

6 Hole Shooter
good swings man looks better then the last video at least your more consistent ti looks like and dang too bad your sister wasnt in this one so everyone can drool over her again cause i know i would have hahahah

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
It seems like youre loading down and then trying to swing while on the way up, try to explode forward towards the ball and see if that helps with pop ups...

It seems like the hits where you're just moving forward are smoother and more solid shots than when youre dipping down on youre load up...keep youre swing linear to slightly up and cut the bottom half to 2/3's of the ball and dont try to lift it by swingin up...hope that helps bro...

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
You would get more distance if you weren't swinging up. You get a lot of topspin swinging up and occasional distance. Backspin is your friend. Do not try to lift the ball off of the tee.

Best advice here. Hit that thing in the face. Not saying you have to swing down on it or tomahawk it, but hit the ball a little more square with a level swing and you'll get just as much distance (if that's what you're after) and it'll get there twice as fast as a looping fly ball.

Aztec3

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice strong swings. Seems like you're not extending your arms because the ball is too close to your body. Hit the ball out more in front of you.

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice strong swings. Seems like you're not extending your arms because the ball is too close to your body. Hit the ball out more in front of you.

This is what I was noticing. You are in good position before the ball. Left arm straight and strong, good lag with the bat behind the hands. At the last second it looks like you pull your left arm around to the left (and bend it) instead of extending it toward your target. So it ends up looking like you're too close to the ball.

Also, as others have said you're definitely swinging up on the ball, if you can flatten out the swing and hit some line drives with spin you should see them carry.