Softball pitching mask

Gheller88

The Veteran
So I wear eye glasses and I'm now looking into purchasing a helmet or mask for pitching what are some good ones you fellas would suggest?

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Rawlings Cool-Flo Hockey style catcher's mask. No chin straps goes on and off quickly. Got mine for $60 @ the Rawlings Outlet

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Worth Legit pitching helmet.

A bit pricey, but in my opinion it's worth it.

-G

hitsone

I use a Combat face off and did have problems with my glasses. I kept pulling off the side foam.
I finally use some A6000 and they have stayed on since.

I've been looking at the lacross helmets as they offer a little more throat protection

blakcherry329

If only there was a thread for this already....lol

As long as the arms of the glasses aren't too thick, any helmet/mask should be ok.

My personal preference is the Lacrosse Helmet. I bought a Riddell, off of the Bay, for $25(used), just to try it out 4years ago. Still using it.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked up a Cascade lacrosse helmet to use this year and pitched a BP session this past weekend, still getting used to it. I had trouble putting it on with sunglasses on but that was my first attempt. I ditched the sunglasses (probably not an option for you, lol) and am going to try again tonight to see if it was user error at the field or if the helmet and sunglasses just won't work together.

blackbeasst

Addicted to Softballfans
after almost taking one off the mug last week, i started looking at helmets. came across a cascade cpx-r lacrosse helmet on egay for a deal so i snagged it.

Last edited:

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I had no issue with glasses under my catcher's helmet. Only issue was I couldn't throw the helmet off if I had to go cover a base or in a situation I needed it off quickly

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
I use the worth pitching mask with sunglasses (usually Oakley Flak Jackets or Radars). I do put the glasses on after I put the mask on though because when the padding gets sweaty sometimes it will brush against my lenses and cause a streak and it bugs the hell out of me. I put them on through the front and that way I don't have any issues.

blakcherry329

I had no issue with glasses under my catcher's helmet. Only issue was I couldn't throw the helmet off if I had to go cover a base or in a situation I needed it off quickly

I wear glasses under my lacrosse helmet with not issue. I have to put the helmet on first then slide the glasses on.

QQ-

Why would you need to take off your helmet/mask in the field?
I catch popups, back up bases, and anything else with my helmet on with no issues. just wondering:biggthumpup:

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I wear a rip it mask in coed and a worth I'm mens. Plenty of room for glasses under the worth

gr8watson

The Rookie
I like the worth helmet and the combat face off. I had my face off on when I got a ball to the face. It did its job and still working well. I use the worth when playing men's upper's both Acoma date my glasses.