Some BS

jarman

Addicted to Softballfans
So we played for the spring league CC tonight the umps check all the bats ASA league, WELL, I notice that their 2nd baseman is swinging what looks like a Worth 09 Resmondo, so the guy is up again and we ask for the bat to be checked, the ump a older lady pulls out a card in her back pocket looks at the bat and looks at the card and hands the guy the bat back. Well our coach got yelled at for asking to please check the bat again, sooo the lady ump checks the bat again and what do you know no ASA stamp, she asks for the bat to be put away. So my ? is does ASA have a rule to discipline cheaters, or is it at the discreation of the ump. And yes we lost, not due to that bat. They hit and we didn't. I know cool story.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
In our league if your caught using a non ASA bat your thrown out for that game.

Good policy.

Last weekend the team we were about to play was using an OG Freak in the game before us. :rolleyes: Needless to say, they didn't use it against US. :D

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
The thing with league is, the lower the level the less people know whats going on. They probably used that ressy everytime until you guys called them out. Did it sound shaved becuase I here those things are real nice shaved......

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
The thing with league is, the lower the level the less people know whats going on. They probably used that ressy everytime until you guys called them out. Did it sound shaved becuase I here those things are real nice shaved......

I've heard this too.

SickSticks

You get tossed from the game by us and the bat is taken away and returned after game is over. Opposing team can protest the game and it is up to the grievance commitee to decide on whether the game should be a forfeit by the team using said bat. We busted a team using an Ultra II against us last year and within a week, everybody knew to keep an eye out for that particular team.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
Leagues have all sorts of different rules when it comes to this. Unless you use ASA Championship (or whatever they're calling it) rules, you need to ask your LD.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
in our ASA league, good friend ump told me that if caught before bat is used, they just ask the bat be put away. If caught after the bat is used and before the next pitch is thrown, it's an out AND ejection for the game. But, I have seen an og Freak used (player made an out) and during inning change, the ump just walked over to the dugout and asked that it be put away.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Pretty sure ASA rules state that just by stepping into the box with an "Unapproved" bat that the Batter is out and ejected from the game even if they haven't taken a swing.

Roundin4

Hit it and Sit it

It's a Worth! Shaved and Worth go hand in hand. End cap nearly falls out on it's own when you tip the bat upside down straight outta the wrapper. Another reason their so popular. I personally think Worth bats are Worthless.

deuce0419

The Veteran
We had a situation one time where one of my guys used a legit ASA bat, but not on the approved list (dont remember what bat it was) and the team protested the game and won. We even asked the ump before he used it if it was ok to swing. Ump said it wasnt a problem at all, he used it for 1 at bat, we won by 6 and they still won protest. I know it doesnt matter how much we won by, but he definitely didnt hit a 6-run homerun that one at bat lol

jarman

Addicted to Softballfans
I noticed the bat right away, so I told the coach to let him take a pitch and then have the bat checked, thats when she checked it and handed him the bat back. I thought it was a out and a ejection. The damn league director was sitting at the back stop watching the whole thing. After the lady ump checked the bat again and realized her mistake, our coach went to protest the game she screamed at him to stay in the dugout. So after the game our coach let her know he was protesting the game, she said no he cannot, she said he waited 3 innings to protest, he then reminded her she did not allow him to approach her. The LD simply said he backs his umps.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i have called out a bat in league play twice. by calling out i mean i walked over to their coach and asked him to check the bats. some of them looked like utrip sticks. he talked to one of the guys who owned them and he seemed clueless as to what he was talkign about, he then walked over to the rack and started looking at all the bats (they were in the field, he was coaching) and pulled a utrip mutant and 585 and set them aside.

he thanked me for letting him know.

the other time a guy pulled a og jh mayhem. nobody on and he hit a sky high pop up that barely landed over the reach of the OF just behind the 280 ft fence. he didn't even start running the bases, he thought he dropped a bomb and watched as he walked to the 1st base dugout.

i'm playing third, and their coach is coaching third. i told the coach and he was like, i'll check it. he tells the guy and the guy gets pissed. calling us ******* and all that crap. the coach the next inning is like, "he says its legal dude".....well he steps up to the plate again and i called the bat out. the ump is like there is no asa stamp, put it away, this guy goes ape spit and then literally leaves the field. lol. they had 12 so they were still good.

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would you do this and how do you know? If you swing glass you must me a homosexual.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans

This is true. I played in a league where the other team was swinging a Geezer and we called him out, the ump looked at the bat, looked dumbfound and stated that it's a Juggy, he knows Juggy's are GTG and proceeded to let the guy swing it.

Roundin4

Hit it and Sit it
I noticed the bat right away, so I told the coach to let him take a pitch and then have the bat checked, thats when she checked it and handed him the bat back. I thought it was a out and a ejection. The damn league director was sitting at the back stop watching the whole thing. After the lady ump checked the bat again and realized her mistake, our coach went to protest the game she screamed at him to stay in the dugout. So after the game our coach let her know he was protesting the game, she said no he cannot, she said he waited 3 innings to protest, he then reminded her she did not allow him to approach her. The LD simply said he backs his umps.

LD's HAVE to back their umps. Even when the ump makes the wrong call

jarman

Addicted to Softballfans
LD's HAVE to back their umps. Even when the ump makes the wrong call

I agree BUT when you watch your ump allow a utrip stick into play, and then realize she was wrong, and then she did not give the coach a chance to talk to her. How do you justify that.