Some Cage swings

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Any suggestions would be good. It was really windy and my BP pitcher was having issues throwing strikes and I end up reaching for a lot of pitches. Have been working on getting a good weight transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
You aren't firing your hips at all. Point the front toe at 2nd and fire your hips through

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Too much bat waving, sir! Quiet those hands!

Never been able to be quite at the plate when I played baseball I had the Gary Shefield bat waving thing too. I had a bunch of my baseball coaches try to quite down my hands and it always killed my timing. I just have to make sure my hands get into hitting position when the ball is in the air.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
It's really hard to get a sense of your swing in this video because the pitcher can't seem to throw a strike. Post another vid some time when you've got a guy who can actually throw them over the plate!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I'm taking some more cage swings today before league, I will work on improving this and post another video if I can. I have been working really hard on keeping the ball down, this winter I was a DBO machine so I've been working on placing the ball better. I think thats where I lost the hip turn, thanks for catching this guys.

Fox27

Manager
I agree with frisco kid a lot of movement with your hands, which can and will cause your hands to be in different positions when you start your swing I hit similar but don't move my hands

Wupang

530sports.net
left you a pm bro! few small adjustments you will be fine...be in the bay all weekend...hit me up for bp!!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I was only returning the favor to him. You may not have gotten involved if you knew the history.

Are you still butthurt over getting called out for swinging glass and then tried to blame the person you bought it from who you just happened to forget to keep track of. For someone who is far to cool to argue with someone online, you sure seem to enjoy riding my ****.

hatemail

Starting Player
looks to me like you dont get enough of your rump into your swing....this causes your back foot to come up off the ground and lose your base....

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
I'm no coach .. Just a player.. If I was talking to a teammate: I c a hitch in your swing, and too much movement. Feet all over the place. Front foot plant too early. Looks like the power you are getting is only from bat/arms. Ive seen guys rake with hands moving before pitch, so it can be done... I'd work on foot work and balance.

JonShaff

John 3:16
I'm no coach .. Just a player.. If I was talking to a teammate: I c a hitch in your swing, and too much movement. Feet all over the place. Front foot plant too early. Looks like the power you are getting is only from bat/arms. Ive seen guys rake with hands moving before pitch, so it can be done... I'd work on foot work and balance.

Bingo^^^^^^^^^

deuce0419

The Veteran
Ok, Ill put my same response into more professional, respectful terms. Your swing has too much bat movement, your transfer is too soon and off balance, bat speed is too slow and footwork is off. How many more things can be wrong with a swing before someone tells you its straight awful? At least you have friends on SBF...

MauriSSio

Part Time Player
Is this at twin creeks in sunnyvale/mountain view?? always hella windy there LOL

anyways its been mentioned before, you need to work on balance. Look at your front leg on most of those swings, having it bent at the knee after the stride makes it hard to balance and transfer weight properly.GOOD LUCK!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
ps dont listen to douche609...you put this on here to get better not to listen to some idiot run up the ole post count

I don't even think its post count, he got called out from swinging glass and got all butthurt when people called him out, mow he stalks me and talks ish to prove how internet tough he is.

full sub bp ftw ! ! ! !111

Yeah those are our league night uni's, got to the park early for some BP.

Is this at twin creeks in sunnyvale/mountain view?? always hella windy there LOL

anyways its been mentioned before, you need to work on balance. Look at your front leg on most of those swings, having it bent at the knee after the stride makes it hard to balance and transfer weight properly.GOOD LUCK!

Yeah its Twin Creeks and yeah it can be really windy being right on the bay and all. I agree with what was said on my balance and me landing my front foot to soon and not getting a good hip turn. I actually disagree about the bent front leg, baseball I was always taught to hit off a stiff front leg but if you look at a lot of the better hitter that post videos here they land on a bent front leg.

Ok, Ill put my same response into more professional, respectful terms. Your swing has too much bat movement, your transfer is too soon and off balance, bat speed is too slow and footwork is off. How many more things can be wrong with a swing before someone tells you its straight awful? At least you have friends on SBF...

From your avatar picture I think I'll pass on taking hitting advice from you but thanks anyways.

deuce0419

The Veteran
1) I did not get called out for swinging glass. I created my own thread and discussed a situation I experienced where I told the bat was cut. How do you get called out on something when you are the one who offered the information?

2) PLEASE take advice from someone then, doesnt need to be me, because at this point Lord7 makes you look bad.

3) As previously stated, my avvy is a pic from a modified game, more of a baseball swing, which you would have known had you continued reading your own thread.

4) More BP, LESS cheeseburgers.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
1) I did not get called out for swinging glass. I created my own thread and discussed a situation I experienced where I told the bat was cut. How do you get called out on something when you are the one who offered the information?

2) PLEASE take advice from someone then, doesnt need to be me, because at this point Lord7 makes you look bad.

3) As previously stated, my avvy is a pic from a modified game, more of a baseball swing, which you would have known had you continued reading your own thread.

4) More BP, LESS cheeseburgers.

You posted a whiny post that you would never again buy bats from SBF because you got a shaved bat. You swung the bat for 2 years, wouldn't post pics of the shaved bat and said you had no idea who you got the bat from.

I don't care modified, slowpitch, or baseball that follow through it freakin ugly, I can only imagine your swing matches.

Lol I love cheeseburgers but I'm pretty thin compared to most of the people posting videos on SBF but I'll take it under advisement.

deuce0419

The Veteran
You posted a whiny post that you would never again buy bats from SBF because you got a shaved bat. You swung the bat for 2 years, wouldn't post pics of the shaved bat and said you had no idea who you got the bat from.

I don't care modified, slowpitch, or baseball that follow through it freakin ugly, I can only imagine your swing matches.

Lol I love cheeseburgers but I'm pretty thin compared to most of the people posting videos on SBF but I'll take it under advisement.

I will outhit you any day of the week. No question about it. PERIOD.