Some EST mashing

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Gorgeous day here in CO, so I decided to go hit. My emphasis today was striding more. The biggest trouble in my swing always comes from under striding and losing lower half power at times. So rather than take a big, high leg kick I just strode, about 6-8" further than I usually do. It felt almost strange at first, but I immediately noticed my hips and legs getting involved more than usual.

These swings were for sheer power, not finesse, just saying. That net is about 30' high and is 30' beyond the 300' fence. I probably cleared it 25 times today. I'd call these swings fairly level. I wasn't trying to cut, and I wasn't trying to use any sort of dumb huge uppercut. One thing I found was that taking a bigger stride reduced my tendency to uppercut. When you aren't leaning on your back foot it's harder to do.

The red EST I swing in this vid is a fire stick. BTW, the balls were all C+ or .52 300s.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boDzWH0oNqE[/ame]

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Today was too nice a day to not hit. I spent a good while fetching balls out of the water park.;)

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Man I wish it was warm enough to hit here. 8° this morning, think it got up to high 30s. Nice cuts BTW.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
you got alot of balls

Yep, I like to hit 130 at a time. Last thing I want to do is have 30 balls, get into a groove and then have to go pick them up. With that many balls you can work on stuff for a while without interruption.

Joker

cornerstone? fields looked like they we in good shape after the snow on wednesday

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
What a great classic throw the hands/swat swing/ whip swing-- what ever you want to call it. Take the bat away and add a high leg kick and you basically have Justin Verlander pitching a fast ball. Crack a lot of bats?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
What a great classic throw the hands/swat swing/ whip swing-- what ever you want to call it. Take the bat away and add a high leg kick and you basically have Justin Verlander pitching a fast ball. Crack a lot of bats?

If I hit hard balls I can break every bat I own quick. I use classic + balls for BP though so I don't trash bats.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
I was really impressed that with all that bat head movement you have that you still get your hands through the ball so well

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
If I remember right he tried to stop the movement and it really screwed him up.
If he can repeat the swing with all the movement, and he does, then you don't mess with it.
If I get up there to visit my sister this year I will check and see if we can get together for some bp.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
makes me miss the EST days.. loved my ESTL before the syn2/freak came out. what I wouldn't give to go back.

nice work Terry..a swing that hasn't changed in 10 years.

lawdizzle

The Veteran
Nice swings bro. If the flip works for you, then flip on. If I tried to do that, Id look like a drunk sloth trying to swing.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
So you dropping the leg kick? Cause I got a similar swing with kick, bat flop and overlap....but Ive only added those last summer with good results but still tweakin

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
So you dropping the leg kick? Cause I got a similar swing with kick, bat flop and overlap....but Ive only added those last summer with good results but still tweakin

My leg kick kind of comes and goes. It depends what I'm feeling that day. Sometimes I have a very pronounced leg kick, and other times I focus more on a longer stride.