"Sorry Pitch"

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you apologize or not for a hard shot up the middle?

I'm a pitcher and apologize for head-high stuff only. I never TRY to hit the pitcher, so my apology is more for my lack of bat control than the result. It seems like different geographic areas have different unspoken rules on the matter.

3drian

Starting Player
Every time the ball goes anywhere close to the pitcher I apologize. seems like the right thing to do, and I never do it on purpose

62031158.jpg

trip

stfu
i hit middle when the pitcher talks **** or he cheats me out of a prize at a golf tournament in favor of his buddy

pontiacfb78

Star Player
Around here it seems that its always expected if the pitcher dodges, gets hit, or makes the catch. If you miss him by a few feet, and he wasn't in danger, its never an issue.

trhuby

Addicted to Softballfans
In league...yes, unless the pitcher is being a dbag and it was for a reason (other team is hitting middle, and our pitcher requests a response).
In tournaments...nope!

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you apologize or not for a hard shot up the middle?

I'm a pitcher and apologize for head-high stuff only. I never TRY to hit the pitcher, so my apology is more for my lack of bat control than the result. It seems like different geographic areas have different unspoken rules on the matter.

My thoughts exactly

i only apologize when i do it on purpose.

I seem to remember a "damn, missed you" lol

trip

stfu
it was so ****ing windy that day that i could've hit a 98mph rocket at the pitcher it would've just taken off like a jet and been 200 feet in the air by the time it reached the mound

blakcherry329

I only say sorry if it's close. Call it professional courtesy. I also don't get upset if you shoot middle and I don't need an apology. It's part of the field. Just don't try to intimidate me with that BS. I ain't scurred of you mofos. lol

ALB_Bones

Philippians 4:13
As a pitcher I don't care if someone says "sorry" , I have a glove and I chose to play that position.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit the pitcher just the other night right on his wrist with the bat that shall not be named. Every one knows that I would never try to do it. So I asked if he was o-kay and he said no problem.

Bolusu

Addicted to Softballfans
I usually just ask if he's OK, unless a middle war is going on.

Since I pitch I know what it feels like to be on the mound and have these yellow projectiles coming at you so I try not to hit middle, I just hate it when the guys that are playing in the OF are the ones hitting middle on purpose and then say, hey watch yourself up there.

sure... from first or better. im not conceding jack, & only hit a shin shot once, and it followed me pulling his bench off of my guy on third

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I hit middle quite a bit to get on base but I'm never aiming at the pitcher, more to either side of him, trying to keep it away from dudes with gloves. I have hit directly at the pitcher a few times and apologize as it wasn't my intent to hit directly at him. Had guys try telling me not to apologize but I don't care about that macho crap, I just say "sorry pitch, wasn't hunting you".

On the flip side i don't like it when hitters apologize to me for whatever reason, it's part of the game.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
I think of it the same way as if someone gets hit in the street by a car. If I was ever stupid enough to get hit by a car in the street, I would blame no one but myself the same as if I ever get hit by a ball hit back up the middle. It's my own fault if my reflexes aren't fast enough to snap it off. however, I'll apologize or take the out if I hit up the middle and hit the pitcher which I've done a couple of times

doublebagel

Manager
I'll say sorry in league but in tournaments it depends. If I completely miss and it gets them then I'll apologize, if I'm trying to hit a hole and he drifts into it then thats on him.

I said sorry yesterday in league. Sun directly behind the pitcher and I was late on my swing, hit him in the leg but he was fortunately okay. I try to stay out of the middle in league.

Tournaments I don't say sorry, middle is just understood there to be part of the game.

No matter what though, I'm never trying to hit the pitcher intentionally.

As a pitcher I don't care if someone says "sorry" , I have a glove and I chose to play that position.

Basically how I feel about it. It's all part of the game.

I hit middle if the opponent is playing 4 OF. If they are playing 5 man then I shoot OF gaps. I don't apologize, tourney or league.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
pitcher is a fielder after ball is pitched, i do not say sorry

i am sucka free, so apologies are not part of the middle program

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I do..........Unless he's been talking **** or acting like an *******, or one their morons has shouted, "Middle's open!!!", or "Spin the clown....." If that's the case......I don't say ****.