Speed?????

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
What is a good 100 meter and 60 meter time for guys 35+??? My son has been training to run the 100 and it's gotten me thinking about speed.

wcoastsoftball

I will be honest, at that age, assuming a regular Joe, it doesn't really matter. Overall health and conditioning will be most important. For softball, at that age it is about diamond smarts and getting on base, and recruiting the youth for speed.

But I would agree with Drumbum, around 15 sec with minimal focus in training would be pretty good. For the 60 maybe around just under or at 8

wcoastsoftball

I don't know man. Justin Gatlin is in his mid 30s and recently ran a 9.77 100m.

I thought we were talking Ave Joe 100m, not world class athlete? When I was running 100m regularly a couple years ago at 38, I THINK I was around 15-18 depending on day and reps. Might have had a few under that, No way I could touch those lower numbers now.

Last edited:

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I thought we were talking Ave Joe 100m, not world class athlete? When I was running 100m regularly a couple years ago at 38, I THINK I was around 15-18 depending on day and reps. Might have had a few under that, No way I could touch those lower numbers now.

I thought it was obvious that I was joking. :)

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
A good 100 meter time for you will not likely be related to the average. It depends on your athletic gifts. If you can turn the clock back 5-10 years and run like you did then, it would be a good time for you. However, what is a good time for you may not be a good time for someone who played running back for his Jr College team.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
This has me curious about what I would do. Just not curious enough to do it. That takes too much effort.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
What is a good 100 meter and 60 meter time for guys 35+??? My son has been training to run the 100 and it's gotten me thinking about speed.

Just go throw the football with your son. Each of you can do patterns and have fun while improving speed. Better yet, find someone to cover the receiver. If you do this 3-4 times, you will be faster, assuming you have not ran for a while.

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
So I timed myself. This was after a P90X3 workout, so my legs were a bit tired. And I had also been sitting in my chair for awhile. First was a 40yd dash (mostly because I didn't feel like going any farther) And got a 5.59. After that, I got ambitious and decided to do a 100 meter. Ended up running a 14.25. The funny thing about that one was that about 50 or so meters in, my body decided to down shift and I couldn't get it back. It was like being in 5th and then going into 4th but I wasn't able to get back into 5th. I guess that would be my age??? Lol