Sports55 Customer Service is NGTG

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
under no cicumstance should a customer service rep or anyone from a company tell a CUSTOMER to go **** themselves. I cant believe it came to that. What ever happened to the customer is always right? Not that i was thinking of ordering from them, but after this I will NEVER order from them.

And as for the whole "there are 2 sides to every story" defense. I trust that he posted all communications from S55 and himself, so he already gave both sides, and side 55 was WAAAAAAAY wrong. I still cant believe they told you to go **** yourself....... classy!!

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
same ol' same ol' You're a good guy Ryan. You should have heeded all the bad feedback S55 already has here.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
West Germany > East Germany

I see your point but if this has really been going on for 8 months then S55 should have either refunded his money or been compensated for it somehow. He bought the bag and obviously at the time S55 felt it was in their best interest to give him a new bag but if they weren't going to have them in stock then he should be allowed to keep the bag until they have the replacement in stock especially if it's going to be 8 months turnaround. There isn't one of you that if you had gotten a RA# 8 months ago that wouldn't be pissed off about this and expected to have this settled months ago. Whether it was in warranty or not they issued him a RA# which means he is now entitled to a replacement. After all this and knowing what I know from before I will never deal with S55 ever...

Additionally, he replaced 300 bags because, I'm assuming here, he knew there was a manufacturer defect in the product. So, if guys were slightly outside the warranty window they honored the request because they knew it was an issue and needed to be resolved.

I know we won't tell somebody to send back a pair of shoes and tell them to wait 8 months before we give them a new pair...that's just crazy talk right there.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed..... I wouldn't not buy from them from this post.

Hell, they were willing to warranty a bag out of warranty. This in itself is extra service. Just because you wanted it your way all the way doesn't mean they have bad customer service (wanted your cake and to eat it too... won't send the bag back till you get a new one.).

Should he have told you to go **** yourself... no, but that is what you get when you push people's buttons long enough when they have already gone out of their way to help you out. Why was it so hard to send the bag back in? Would you expect a bat company to send you a warranty return before you sent your bat back in? I didn't think so. In fact, it still seems like he IS still willing to get you another bag if you simply return the old one. The dude is patient, but people can only get pushed so far before they snap.

push peoples buttons?? It seemed to me like he was getting the "run around" for 9 months. All he was doing was checking in every 3 weeks or so. He was being polite "happy thanksgiving" "happy new year". He was told he would be taken care of, and was just following up. If it were me, i would have felt like they were telling me different dates just to get rid of me.

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
map-of-east-west-Germany.gif

That's a strange map, since it has the German names of the states but the neighboring countries are in English.

tr23

Addicted to Softballfans
Dealt with those idiots last year...went around and around with John on some garbage work.
Offered nothing but an "oh well"
John @ Sports55 is a COMPLETE TOOL!!!

MOJO is the only way to go!!!

n8ss03

i got one of the very first bags in my basemnet and it did the same thing. Except warranty was a yr and i never got an ra.

Rawyzf

<font color="blue">Coach</font>
First off, wow. Can't believe there are already 5 pages of replies on this already. Just went to dinner and came back to this.

Thanks for everyones feedback, regardless if it was positive, negative or off topic, lol.

For the record, the deal was done on SBF. I made all my purchases through Meat13.

same ol' same ol' You're a good guy Ryan. You should have heeded all the bad feedback S55 already has here.

Thank you, and yes....I agree.

Additionally, he replaced 300 bags because, I'm assuming here, he knew there was a manufacturer defect in the product. So, if guys were slightly outside the warranty window they honored the request because they knew it was an issue and needed to be resolved.

That is correct. The black bags from last year had many issues, and they replaced them. Additionally, I was originally told that these bags have a 1yr warranty. When they changed it to 90 days, I have no clue. I've had mine for about 1.5yrs.

push peoples buttons?? It seemed to me like he was getting the "run around" for 9 months. All he was doing was checking in every 3 weeks or so. He was being polite "happy thanksgiving" "happy new year". He was told he would be taken care of, and was just following up. If it were me, i would have felt like they were telling me different dates just to get rid of me.

This is why I escalted the deal. I gave them 8 months to make this right. Now we're starting ball, and still no replacment bag for my team mate.

so is this bag still for sale or what??...lmk

LOL, yup :p

Additionally, I was told originally that I didn't need to send anything in until the replacement was received. Once I got the replacement bag, I'd send the handle of the ripped bag to S55. 8 months later, that has changed I guess....however they forgot to inform me of this until today.

For those that know me, I'm an honest guy. I'm not out trying to rip anyone off. This is over a $95 bag. Big deal. I just wanted to share my story and let others read it and use it to make decisions on dealing with Sports55.

Please check my feedback if you don't know me.

Morris 14

u guys that r saying this company isnt wrong r the worst of windowlickers...thx op theyll never get any business from me as this is not the first ive heard of their ****ty ass service

TDW13

Come At Me Bro!
I wonder why you were told these bags weren't in stock because I have about 5 guys on my team that ordere these bags and had them in before march.

pissiles19

The Veteran
I wonder why you were told these bags weren't in stock because I have about 5 guys on my team that ordere these bags and had them in before march.

My team did the team package that included the bag. Still waiting for our bag's! paid for in full since middle of Janaury. Keep getting differents dates. How can you run a special and don't have the product?

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
John was GTG with me. They replaced a ripped bag with a brand new one after I had it for over 90 days. Stayed extremely professional the entire time. They didn't even ask for the old bag back.

jro44

Addicted to Softballfans
Kelly Burke is the owner of Sports55. Email address is: [email protected] or you can always contact the Better Business Bureau @ www.bbb.org I am sure they would love to know a company is telling their customers to go **** themselves.. Good luck with this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the handle issue twice on the black bag.

First one they sent me a new one w a ret label and the second i sent in the handle.

Meat13 referred me to kat and everything went great.

This is just my experience.

bigloc24

Banned User
with sports55 history especially on here, they should STFU and do everything perfect for the customer.

second2noone

After reading this, I will never buy something from Sports55. Customer service is the biggest difference alot of times of where people will buy their stuff and continue to buy from there. Looks like Sports55 just lost most of their business.

I would like the hear what their response is now after this.

Last edited:

Nasty naise

Addicted to Softballfans
I got some buddys that have been waiting 5 weeks probably longer and still haven't received their team jerseys..they're members on here

Yesterday was the start of 7 weeks...I've said it before and I'll say it again...not very happy!!

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
I can understand the part of ****ing himself being overboard, BUT the OP also didn't send his bag in, then got all bitchy about it, made the threat and then was told to **** himself. Big difference between doing everything right as a customer and being told to **** himself and acting like a jackass and then crying about being told to **** himself.
I have never dealt with Sports55, most likely never will, but I don't see them being terribly out of line here.

So he didnt send in the bag, he stayed in constant contact with the company and they never stated to him that they were waiting for the bag to be sent to them. 8 months? really--Its like someone that you loan money to and then you go to collect and they just keep telling you "I will pay you on next friday". Very poor customer service. VERY POOR

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
ra = return authorization, right? why wasnt it sent back? it sounds like the bag wasnt heavy duty enough for your needs.. move on to one that hopefully is..lesson learned. saying you are going to cry to all the chat board retards was a nice touch tho.. id tell u to F off too. actually i am now.. F off!

Really?? What would you do after 8 months??? That is way too long to wait for a matter to be resolved. You should F off for being stupid.

After a while you start to feel that you are getting yanked around--how much longer should he have waited to say that he was not going to send business Sport55's way? Year and a half?

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
I see your point but if this has really been going on for 8 months then S55 should have either refunded his money or been compensated for it somehow. He bought the bag and obviously at the time S55 felt it was in their best interest to give him a new bag but if they weren't going to have them in stock then he should be allowed to keep the bag until they have the replacement in stock especially if it's going to be 8 months turnaround. There isn't one of you that if you had gotten a RA# 8 months ago that wouldn't be pissed off about this and expected to have this settled months ago. Whether it was in warranty or not they issued him a RA# which means he is now entitled to a replacement. After all this and knowing what I know from before I will never deal with S55 ever...

Totally agree with this!

twinsdad23

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed..... I wouldn't not buy from them from this post.

Hell, they were willing to warranty a bag out of warranty. This in itself is extra service. Just because you wanted it your way all the way doesn't mean they have bad customer service (wanted your cake and to eat it too... won't send the bag back till you get a new one.).

Should he have told you to go **** yourself... no, but that is what you get when you push people's buttons long enough when they have already gone out of their way to help you out. Why was it so hard to send the bag back in? Would you expect a bat company to send you a warranty return before you sent your bat back in? I didn't think so. In fact, it still seems like he IS still willing to get you another bag if you simply return the old one. The dude is patient, but people can only get pushed so far before they snap.

WHAT??
WHy return the bag when they dont have one to send you as a replacement???
Patient??
I think the OP was way more patient than the majority of people would be.
8 months getting yanked around over a ball bag is WAY too long to wait.

CJ8

Addicted to Softballfans
Just my .02 here. 1. Softball equipment is way too costly!!!! 2. if your out of the warrenty date then S55 doesn't owe you a thing. 3. S55, if you say your gonna do something do it. 4. You used the bag for 8 months, must of been ok. Personally, I have a Boombah bag, guess what it ripped...o well... As far as being unprofessional, yeah S55 was, but sometimes if your being a jerk, u need to go **** yourself.....I might order a Bomber bag now! I could be wrong, jmo....

Rawyzf

<font color="blue">Coach</font>
Just my .02 here. 1. Softball equipment is way too costly!!!! 2. if your out of the warrenty date then S55 doesn't owe you a thing. 3. S55, if you say your gonna do something do it. 4. You used the bag for 8 months, must of been ok. Personally, I have a Boombah bag, guess what it ripped...o well... As far as being unprofessional, yeah S55 was, but sometimes if your being a jerk, u need to go **** yourself.....I might order a Bomber bag now! I could be wrong, jmo....

#1 - Agreed
#2 - Warranty isn't the point here. They had a batch of defective bags, they replaced 300 of them because of this. I had one of these bad bags.
#3 - My point of this thread
#4 - Bag was used as I was expecting a replacement to show up any day. I am not gonna go out and buy a second bag while I am expecting a replacment to show up. The bag can't be hung on the fence, it will rip more. It was being used, but very cautiously. Also, Bag hasn't been used for the 8 months I've been waiting. Been sitting in the garage for the last 6 months over winter.
#5 - I was in no way being a jerk, get real. I was polite for 8 months. You have to draw the line some where. All I said was that I was going to post my experience with Sports55 on the forum. I would do the same, good or bad.
#6 - I don't care what kinda bag you go and order. S55 bags are nice if you don't get one that is from a bad batch and rips. I've had my personal S55 bag for 1.5yrs, no issues with it.

Last edited:

Lance#9

Addicted to Softballfans
so much for ordering from them I needed a new bag but I guess i wont now any suggestions on where I can get one with good customer service