Spring - 2022 - March 20

blakcherry329

I play all year round in NY. Crazy older guys will play as long as the temperature is above 35 or so at game time. lol.
Clinchers don't break bats. ;)

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m in NJ so I likely won’t see the field until March or April. Until then it’s just time working out and cardio. I have a new Powerhouse gym opening 5 minutes from my house.

D-ROCK13

-2F wind chill today and snow/sleet last night here, in NW Arkansas. Season starts early march here and demoted back to dirt fields and 275ft x 12ft tall fences. Should be an interesting change after playing on turf for several years now

jhitman

Was doing soft toss in Nov/Dec here until the artic air reared it's ugly head. I haven't taken a swing since around Christmas.

D-ROCK13

This week we've gone from almost 70 to the 20s, back to the 50s and 2 inches of rain, transitioning into snow and dropping below freezing again today. Last week or so had 10"s of snow on top of a 1/2'' of ice/sleet mix. Supposed to be upper 60s again by sunday so planning on first bp session this year finally, thanks to this crazy Arkansas weather.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I was planning to take some BP today - but the 60° temps were combined with 35mph winds - not exactly nice... Then it rained...

30 days to Official Spring - I hope we clear out this crazy weather before that!!!

%%%

D-ROCK13

I went and hit a few rounds off the tee and pitched a few to my wife yesterday. Same here, 60s but super high steady winds, almost impossible to pitch 🤣

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I finally got out today (temps in the low 60's) to take some swings. Took about 100 shots off the tee. Was relatively pleased with the results after 3 months off. Looking forward to getting some better temps next week so I can swing the new (to me) bat I'm getting from JKWoody...

%%%

D-ROCK13

Tornado warnings all around me last night and 1-2 inches of ice forecasted for tomorrow, doubt i'll get to hit this weekend 🤣

jhitman

Took some soft toss this weekend and schedule to do BP with a few teammates this upcoming weekend if the weather holds up. A lot of the fields around here are still dicey due to the cold/snow.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I was out this week to take some BP off the Tee --- The temp got up to the low 60's --- But, the wind was 15mph gusting to 35mph.

If I tilted the tee to keep the ball in place against the high wind, when the wind slowed down, it fell off due to the angle. I think I put every ball on the tee at least twice before I had a chance to swing the bat... :mad:

%%%

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
I was out taking swings again off my tee. The weather was in the 60's - almost perfect for working out...

I'm really liking the endloaded Phenix bat I got from JKWoody22 - I have been swinging balanced bats for 15 years - Didn't care for the one or two endloaded I used previously - But this Phenix 27oz seems to swing very similar (weightwise) to my 28oz Catalyst, yet the weight is out there on the end in the 12" barrel.

I haven't had a chance to take any swings with the pop toss or live pitching - so I'll probably need to adjust my timing for this bat. But if my perception is right about swinging similar to the CAT, I should be able to tune in fairly quickly.

I'm looking forward to some decent weather, but it looks like at least another week in the 50's - and Spring always has leaks in the clouds to make the field muddy... 😞

%%%

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Well - Spring has arrived - but not the nice weather...

My team for this Summer had a practice this past Sunday - Our only practice and
5 guys & I showed up... 40° and windy, gusting to 30mph.
Sprinkled rain on us for a bit.

Next Sunday is our first league game - We play at 9a/10a and the temp looks to be
40° again ... That's going to be a cold double-header day ...

At least the season will have begun. The prediction for weather during next week
is for mid-60's, but also scattered showers for most of the week. Then the
weekend is cold again. sigh!!

I hope this is not a pattern for the entire Summer...!!!

%%%