Steroid Discussion

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Since it seems like it can be talked about now...1, 2, 3 go!

For those that use, do you do it to enhance your physique and performance all around or is it mainly to help you hit the long ball. Curious to who actually just does it for softball.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
I have not used them HOWEVER, if i could get my hands on them and someone could garantee me that i could get them and take them with no harm ie jail,gyno, ect then i would totally do it. I wouldnt take them for softball thougth. i would take them for physique and strenght.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
This is allowed, as long as the rules are followed..

Basically the rule is no source talk correct? Just wanted to spark some conversation but looks like a few people can't follow rules already lol. Hopefully you don't have to delete many posts, if you do you can just delete the thread all together.

I have not used them HOWEVER, if i could get my hands on them and someone could garantee me that i could get them and take them with no harm ie jail,gyno, ect then i would totally do it. I wouldnt take them for softball thougth. i would take them for physique and strenght.

As for risk, they are illegal in the US so you will always have that risk of jail time if you do ever decide to take them. Gyno is avoidable though.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah i know that they are illegal, and i know gyno is avoidable with the right SERM and what not. I have done a ton of research and have some buddies that have experimented with them. So i know a little about what im talking about and what not. However i would think that you would have to totally be the Jim Rome softball guy if you take roids just for softball

AGIT8R10

Banned User
How about taking them in aid of recovering from an injury? Would that be considered a good reason? IE: Rotator surgery. Long down time, muscle atrophy. Seems to be a few of the major leaguers that got called out used that as an excuse.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
How about taking them in aid of recovering from an injury? Would that be considered a good reason? IE: Rotator surgery. Long down time, muscle atrophy. Seems to be a few of the major leaguers that got called out used that as an excuse.

Some can be used as therapy...as for the whole recovery thing as an excuse in baseball, I don't buy it. They may have used it partly for recovery but they used it mainly to hit the ball further and harder.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
However i would think that you would have to totally be the Jim Rome softball guy if you take roids just for softball

:):D

I just dont see how the legal risks are worth it. The health risks are generally exaggerated and mostly reversible (yet there are some). Even if you get paid to play softball, your legal fees from a bust are likely to be more than your annual salary.

AGIT8R10

Banned User
:):D

I just dont see how the legal risks are worth it. The health risks are generally exaggerated and mostly reversible (yet there are some). Even if you get paid to play softball, your legal fees from a bust are likely to be more than your annual salary.

Legal fees?? What would the fees be for average Joe who gets busted for "having" them? I've heard of guys getting busted with a bunch of stuff and charged with distributing. Not sure they'd mess with Jo Schmo and his 2 lil bottles. And how would this said guy "get busted" unless using in a gym full of off duty cops who had it out for him.

And most work drug tests don't pay the extra money to find out if their employees are using performance enhancing drugs. Testing for narcotics and alcohol. Roids will not show up.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Legal fees?? What would the fees be for average Joe who gets busted for "having" them? I've heard of guys getting busted with a bunch of stuff and charged with distributing. Not sure they'd mess with Jo Schmo and his 2 lil bottles. And how would this said guy "get busted" unless using in a gym full of off duty cops who had it out for him.

And most work drug tests don't pay the extra money to find out if their employees are using performance enhancing drugs. Testing for narcotics and alcohol. Roids will not show up.

The threshold for a distribution charge is very low - ie if all you have on hand is enough for one normal cycle, they can nail you with a possession with an intent to distribute charge. So, it can become a situation where you need someone to help you rebut the intent to distribute presumption.

hitBOMBS2

making a ***back
i have cycled 3 times with great results. low doses everytime, no injury or mood swings. the only thing that pissed me off was always being thirsty.

SSM Boy

Addicted to Softballfans
what is the safe way to do steroids? i am just kinda starting at the gym (about 1 month) and am looking to lose weight. i have worked out in the past and have always been involved in sports but have never done steroids. i have now fallen off the wagon so to speak and would like to lose near 50 lbs. i have lost 17 already the natural way with just working out 4 days a week and massive diet overhaul. had a close buddy tell me to think about doing it for faster gains. also i have a really bad shoulder in regards to a rotator-like injury and i actually think they would benifit me to recover from that much quicker as well.. any info would be good as i have not done much research. but there definitely seems like a lot of pros when u arent abusing them. and all mental side effects ie roid rage or whatever seem to be just that. "mental" and individual to the person.

Last edited:

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
what is the safe way to do steroids? i am just kinda starting at the gym (about 1 month) and am looking to lose weight. i have worked out in the past and have always been involved in sports but have never done steroids. i have now fallen off the wagon so to speak and would like to lose near 50 lbs. i have lost 17 already the natural way with just working out 4 days a week and massive diet overhaul. had a close buddy tell me to think about doing it for faster gains. also i have a really bad shoulder in regards to a rotator-like injury and i actually think they would benifit me to recover from that much quicker as well.. any info would be good as i have not done much research. but there definitely seems like a lot of pros when u arent abusing them. and all mental side effects ie roid rage or whatever seem to be just that. "mental" and individual to the person.

If you are just getting back into things, I wouldn't take any supplements really besides protein drinks until you get into a routine of things. Right now diet and training are your priorities, not juice. Re-evaluate yourself in a year and see where you are at. Then I would move to other types of supplements versus juicing. Go that route first and then if you are still interested in coming to the dark side, then do lots and lots of research. Asking openly on a softball board isn't the best place to get information.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are just getting back into things, I wouldn't take any supplements really besides protein drinks until you get into a routine of things. Right now diet and training are your priorities, not juice. Re-evaluate yourself in a year and see where you are at. Then I would move to other types of supplements versus juicing. Go that route first and then if you are still interested in coming to the dark side, then do lots and lots of research. Asking openly on a softball board isn't the best place to get information.

Exactly what daddypoe has said... a lot of people may "seem" to know what they are talking about or claim to take them on here, however this is for sure not the place to do research about gear. Hell do you really want advice from someone that claims they hit 400fters when they barely clear a 300ft fence:D

SSM Boy

Addicted to Softballfans

im honestly not really that interested in taking them and probably wont ever do them. just gathering info. as far as asking openly on a softball board the only reason i did was because i read the whole thread about shaved bat VS roids and u seemed pretty knowledgeable on the subject so i figured it may not be a bad idea to get your info

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
im honestly not really that interested in taking them and probably wont ever do them. just gathering info. as far as asking openly on a softball board the only reason i did was because i read the whole thread about shaved bat VS roids and u seemed pretty knowledgeable on the subject so i figured it may not be a bad idea to get your info

What are some of your questions on the subject? You posted some vague ones but what were you looking to get information on and I will do my best to answer questions.

T

team_091

Since this site is not dedicated to this topic, and doesnt have alot of resources available, I would encourage anybody to do a google search and find forums that are specificaly dedicated to the topic. I belong to one that has a wealth of info not just about a.s.s. but just about every workout topic under the sun. I'm read some interesting posts on this site about what people are putting into their body without fully understanding the difference between what is "safer" than others....IMO

scott1975

The Veteran
What kind of questions do you have? I have been around that scene for about 15yr so I have some knowledge about the subject. Now if I can just apply it to hitting a ball 500ft, I would be doing good.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
What kind of questions do you have? I have been around that scene for about 15yr so I have some knowledge about the subject. Now if I can just apply it to hitting a ball 500ft, I would be doing good.

Well now that you belong to SBF you have about another 50-75ft until 500 by my calculations:D

eHall

Base burglar
There has been 2 pages of post but almost zero talk of actual steroids. There are hundreds of different types and uses.

My best experiences has been with tren and test prop. Strength gains without the water retention. Biggest downside was that i got an infection in my ankle that kept me off my feet 2 weeks and out of gym for a month. Dont reuse your needles, ever.

Im currently training to run in a mini marathon so my weight lifting is very limited. one day a week max. After the race, I want to try a cutting cycle that involves tes, tren, and EQ. A few buddies have had great results with that stack and diet.

bbbomber

Addicted to Softballfans
Im currently training to run in a mini marathon so my weight lifting is very limited. one day a week max. After the race, I want to try a cutting cycle that involves tes, tren, and EQ. A few buddies have had great results with that stack and diet.

Cutting after getting ready for a marathon??? i think that you should be fairly leaned out after that but anyways.... not sure how well that stack wuld be at cutting anyway.

ive heard through the grapevine ;);) that test sus. or test-e with a dbol or adrol kicker isnt a bad little gig.

eHall

Base burglar
Cutting after getting ready for a marathon??? i think that you should be fairly leaned out after that but anyways.... not sure how well that stack wuld be at cutting anyway.

ive heard through the grapevine ;);) that test sus. or test-e with a dbol or adrol kicker isnt a bad little gig.

I'm still 60 days away from a mini. Not a full marathon. In the 2 months of training, Im only down 5 lbs. My diet has been decent but not great. The training ramps up from here on out.

brettcohen1

Addicted to Softballfans
infection?

There has been 2 pages of post but almost zero talk of actual steroids. There are hundreds of different types and uses.

My best experiences has been with tren and test prop. Strength gains without the water retention. Biggest downside was that i got an infection in my ankle that kept me off my feet 2 weeks and out of gym for a month. Dont reuse your needles, ever.

How is the hell did you get an infection in your ankle? Were you injecting into your ankle? Why in the world would you use a dirty needle? I have to assume that you are kidding because needles are cheap are widely available on the internet. I have a very good friend who is a professional bodybuilder and I have studied biochemistry extensively so I have a very good knowledge base regarding steroids and their effects.

To answer the original posters question, I doubt many people take steroids for softball. I would bet that most people take steroids for their own reasons and some of the benefits might trickle over into softball. Anabolic steroids would never be prescribed to rehab an injury or for anything less than a muscle wasting disease. There are endocrinologist that run HRT clinics that are designed to help maximize hormone levels in aging men where their natural hormone production has dropped off due to age. The loop hole with this is that hormone levels vary greatly from person to person and the "acceptable range" guidelines give doctors a large gray area to prescribe steroids and growth hormones to "maximal levels". These clinics however are astronomically expensive as compared to the black market.

Steroids will make you stronger but that will not necessarily carry over to softball and even if they do it will not happen without lifting heavy and training correctly.

I find biochemistry fascinating and I would be happy to discuss any questions that anyone has about this topic, but i will not do anything illegal or tell you where to get anything. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

I have said it before and will say it again, for anyone that is looking for a quick and interesting way to get a cliffs notes version of the pros and cons of steroids go rent the documentary "Bigger, Faster, Stronger". It dispells many of the myths regarding steroids while offering good information from a mainly objective point of view.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
How is the hell did you get an infection in your ankle? Were you injecting into your ankle? Why in the world would you use a dirty needle? I have to assume that you are kidding because needles are cheap are widely available on the internet. I have a very good friend who is a professional bodybuilder and I have studied biochemistry extensively so I have a very good knowledge base regarding steroids and their effects.

To answer the original posters question, I doubt many people take steroids for softball. I would bet that most people take steroids for their own reasons and some of the benefits might trickle over into softball. Anabolic steroids would never be prescribed to rehab an injury or for anything less than a muscle wasting disease. There are endocrinologist that run HRT clinics that are designed to help maximize hormone levels in aging men where their natural hormone production has dropped off due to age. The loop hole with this is that hormone levels vary greatly from person to person and the "acceptable range" guidelines give doctors a large gray area to prescribe steroids and growth hormones to "maximal levels". These clinics however are astronomically expensive as compared to the black market.

Steroids will make you stronger but that will not necessarily carry over to softball and even if they do it will not happen without lifting heavy and training correctly.

I find biochemistry fascinating and I would be happy to discuss any questions that anyone has about this topic, but i will not do anything illegal or tell you where to get anything. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

I have said it before and will say it again, for anyone that is looking for a quick and interesting way to get a cliffs notes version of the pros and cons of steroids go rent the documentary "Bigger, Faster, Stronger". It dispells many of the myths regarding steroids while offering good information from a mainly objective point of view.

You my freind are TOO SMART for SBF:D Good post and agree on the Movie... My favorite part has to be that retarded senator that doesnt even know what the legal drinking age in the US is... did i mention he was also the guy that headed the committee agianst steroids in baseball

brettcohen1

Addicted to Softballfans
i concur

that is my favorite part also. He has to ask his assistant to confirm that the legal drinking age in the United States is 18. There are so many great parts in that documentary, and it is really well done.

Steroids are classified in the same category as cocaine and heroin by the dea which is the most absurd thing that i have ever heard since there has never been a death DIRECTLY to steroid use.

My other favorite line of the documentary is when they are interviewing the editor for the fitness magazine and they ask him about "roid rage" and he succinctly states that "steroids simply make you more of what you already are." I thought was so well put and so true. If you are a propensity towards anger and violence then it will exacerbate those feelings/emotions and you should stay away from anything (legal or illegal) that you know will be a catalyst to setting you off. For most people this is Jack Daniels or Tequila, but there is no coined term "whiskey rage" or "tequila" rage that i am aware of. This is one of the topics that is repeatedly brought up in the documentary, the legality of alcohol and tobacco which kill 500k people per year but are legal.

bbbomber

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm still 60 days away from a mini. Not a full marathon. In the 2 months of training, Im only down 5 lbs. My diet has been decent but not great. The training ramps up from here on out.

your pry replacing body fat with muscle....

brettcohen1

Addicted to Softballfans
documentary

I am not sure if this is against board rules so if it is please delete this post.

For anyone interested in seeing "Bigger, Faster, Stronger"

Here are the links for youtube:
Part 1

If you watch the link it will transition from part 1 to part 2 and so on until the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

eHall

Base burglar

No i wasnt injecting into my ankle. I was injecting into my butt. I can only guess thats what the infection was from. It wasnt a site infection like you would get from an open wound.

Infections in joints are no joke. Painful is all i can say. My doctor thought it might have been gout and ran bloodwork tests.

I was low on needles and used them 2 days in a row. Never again.