Storing Glove

CTGlove

How does everyone store their glove in the off-season and between games?

I’ve been putting a rod between the thumb and pinky to keep the glove open and a glove mallet pressed again the pocket. Probably overkill but it has kept a deep pocket.

blakcherry329

I play year round in NY/NJ area. (yeah, we're a little crazy). I don't use my AZ Gloveman custom unless I'm on turf. I have older gloves that I use during the Winter and in bad weather.
My gamer, I'll condition it after the Fall leagues. Then, I usually leave it in the house with a ball and play catch, on the sofa, during the winter.
So no real storage process, other than the conditioning once a year.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Depends a little bit on where you live and the weather. I live near Seattle, so when my fall league is done in Oct/Nov I make sure my glove (and the rest of my gear) gets a chance to dry out since I'm usually playing in the rain at the end of my season. My glove is broken in just right for me, so I don't worry about conditioning it too much--I just put a good coat of Nokona glove conditioner in February in anticipation of playing Spring leagues in March.

Probably also depends a little on the glove you're using, too. I probably wouldn't put as much time and effort into some off-the-shelf glove from a Big Box store as I do my Nokona that I've been using for the last 12-13 years.

TheKid33

Star Player
Man.. you guys are making me feel shame. I do absolutely nothing. My glove sits in my gear bag in the basement or trunk of my car until the next season.

Maybe it’s because I haven’t played defense in like 3 years, but it’s still fine whenever I decide to take it out to play catch. Just take a few nice hard throws from whoever I’m playing catch with to dust off the cobwebs.

My bats on the other hand, lay in rem beside my bed during the winter months.