Storing gloves for the winter

SBfanz42

How/ where do you guys store your gloves til spring? Specifically those of you who live in colder climates.

I’m on the east coast so the winter may be brutal. Last season I stored my gloves in a trunk in my guest bedroom with a blanket on top to keep ‘em extra warm. But since then, my collection has grown, and my only option now is in the garage where it gets pretty cold.

Advice?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
That made me laugh! Why do you have to store them in the garage? Mine are on my dresser, end tables, my bathroom sink, the bar in the kitchen, sitting on top of a certain orange 1969 Z28:D. Any and everywhere but storage!

It's pretty hard to be anywhere in my house and not see a glove, makes me smile, my wife.....not so much!

MaverickAH

That made me laugh! Why do you have to store them in the garage? Mine are on my dresser, end tables, my bathroom sink, the bar in the kitchen, sitting on top of a certain orange 1969 Z28:D. Any and everywhere but storage!

It's pretty hard to be anywhere in my house and not see a glove, makes me smile, my wife.....not so much!

A man after my own heart!!!

I always have gloves laying around as well. While the vast majority of my collection is boxed & out of the way (INSIDE of the house!), at any time ~30% is out & about! I also live in the NE & even during the dead of winter my game ready (or near game ready) gloves (of which there are 6......) are NEVER far out of reach! There aren't many days when my hand isn't in one glove or another. Right now I have about 18 gloves out. I definitely need to sell off some in the upcoming year! :oops:

"Last season I stored my gloves in a trunk in my guest bedroom with a blanket on top to keep ‘em extra warm."

• Guest bedroom? Good!
  • Trunk? Ehhh...... Not a fan. I want my gloves to still be able to breathe.
  • Blanket on top? An absolute No-No! A blanket will suck moisture & oil out of the leather. That's not something you want.
  • Keep them extra warm? Not necessary.
My gloves are stored at room temp., in cardboard boxes. Most of them are individually wrapped in open plastic or nylon bags. This keeps them safe, dust-free & still able to breathe. Each box is marked with the model names of each glove contained within (if it's a box that contains multiple gloves). Probably, within the next 5 years, I will have a walk-in closet for my gloves. (Yes, this is an affirmation!!!)

Committed

I would only store my gloves in the house where the temperature and humidity levels are controlled.

Plastic bag over the queens, ball in the gamers and I never stack them.

Duriisimo

Aguilucho
How/ where do you guys store your gloves til spring? Specifically those of you who live in colder climates.

I’m on the east coast so the winter may be brutal. Last season I stored my gloves in a trunk in my guest bedroom with a blanket on top to keep ‘em extra warm. But since then, my collection has grown, and my only option now is in the garage where it gets pretty cold.

Advice?

What does store glove, winter mean? and where does this atrocious thing happen?

Normy

Toss a ball in er and put it amongst all the other softball crap. Mine get stacked up in the corner of the basement.

SBfanz42

Found some closet room NEXT to the garage. Gonna buy hanging shelves so they can each have their own space (6 gloves) ... So they’ll be a little chillier than whatever temp it is in the house, but not freezing in the garage.

Thanks for the tips, Maverick. The trunk and blanket system is officially nixed.

My family loves that I’ve got a hobby but if the gloves get in their way it’s troublesome ;)

defos

I have at least 10 out and within reach as I sit here at my computer in my basement. (That doesn't sound good, so for the record, I'm 62, married, have 2 kids and 2 grandkids.) Like Maverick, rarely does a day go by without my hand going into at least 1 of them. Most that are stored away are in nylon bags, mostly those cheap "backpacks" with the strings/ropes for straps. Those seem to neutralize changes in humidity any time of the year.

MaverickAH

Or..............

manchester.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
FIrst off, to prep them, get some Meguire's Leather Clean/Condition wipes at an auto parts store. Once wiped down (esp the interior), apply a light coat of beeswax (JobSIte leather waterproofer or Obenauf's LP). After that, I just either put my gamer back in my bag with a ball in it (bag left unzipped for air) or on a shelf in a cabinet I have.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FIrst off, to prep them, get some Meguire's Leather Clean/Condition wipes at an auto parts store. Once wiped down (esp the interior), apply a light coat of beeswax (JobSIte leather waterproofer or Obenauf's LP). After that, I just either put my gamer back in my bag with a ball in it (bag left unzipped for air) or on a shelf in a cabinet I have.
Doesn’t that Megs cleaner have a grape smell to it ?...

I use Griots cleaner and Pro Stock to condition. Gloves are stored on a shelf in a spare bedroom