Sun coast Asa 2022

UncleMosk

If you look @ my ASA T reviews it bested all bats. Was planning another round against some gamers and update. Just couldn't find the time this weekend.

Bat feels great and I do think Suncoast made some adjustments on this version.

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20220901-223954.jpg
    VideoCapture_20220901-223954.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 30

UncleMosk

No game action yet. Hit some BP before some games this morning. Unfortunate not a great pitcher throwing. Feedback off sweetspot is crisp amd responsive. However, if missed the flex on the handle is noticeable. May swing in Coed games tomorrow night. Keep you all posted.

UncleMosk

Used in games this weekend and had one of the longest of the year. For those who love a 12 inch barrel, highly recommended.
Did some T work to put more hits on the barrel. Will say this is the bat of the year or half year. Absolutley crushes the ball. Took some hits to open up but the sweetspot for this12 inch model is remarkable. Would hope to see some of these Video Bros (BP, FG, BH or SPB) give their opinion on these.

UncleMosk

Game action today. First game 3 for 3, Single , Triple and HR. 2nd game hit only 2 on the screws with a single. The other one was a bullet to LC. The other 2 swings were on me. Bad pitch selection.

If hit square no flex, a little off and you can feel the handle give.

Still think it will need another 30 to 50 hits live pitching.

jhitman

Is the 2023 model that just came out the same specs as the 2022? The endloaded one I believe is a 13" barrel.

Protectyaneck

Thanks and let me know how they perform vs. Miken and Worth
Different bat. Different feel completely. Suncoast is oldschool linear. Needed some swings to open up. Much more solid on contact. This 25oz felt closer to a Mercy, just with some thump from the endload.

Performance vs Miken/Worth, marginal performance differences. Biggest difference is the Suncoast will probably last twice as long.

jhitman

Different bat. Different feel completely. Suncoast is oldschool linear. Needed some swings to open up. Much more solid on contact. This 25oz felt closer to a Mercy, just with some thump from the endload.

Performance vs Miken/Worth, marginal performance differences. Biggest difference is the Suncoast will probably last twice as long.

Thanks for the update. Why do you think the Suncoast will last twice as long? I've had Miken/Worth's for a while now and usually they have a good long life span before breaking.

Protectyaneck

Why do you think the Suncoast will last twice as long?
Pure speculation, but in my experience the bats that break in faster also break faster. The Miken/Worths, are ready pretty quick. We used a couple Freaks as team bats, and they both cracked quicker than we'd like.

If my Suncoast was a 26 or a 27, probably would keep it. All of the Juggy guys i know are fans of it and wish it was heavier.

shortstopchic

I rep for Suncoast West. I can tell you I've sold more 2023 Backlash 2 in the last month alone then I have the og 2020 period. These are 🔥 . Had more guys/gals buy after putting a couple swings on teammates. They're definitely not the same bat as 2020. They're made to hit both 44s and 52s

jhitman

I rep for Suncoast West. I can tell you I've sold more 2023 Backlash 2 in the last month alone then I have the og 2020 period. These are 🔥 . Had more guys/gals buy after putting a couple swings on teammates. They're definitely not the same bat as 2020. They're made to hit both 44s and 52s

I see on-line there are 2 Backlash 2's. Are you speaking about the green one or the gold/black one? I'm not as familiar with Suncoast as some of the other manufacturers. I think HB Sports has the gold/black one. Looking for the 13" barrel not the 12".