Suncoast banned

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that junos are allowed and Suncoast banned permanently, what do you think happens next?

I heard Suncoast is being very quiet. I wonder if they're talking to them legal department about recourse against utrip before saying anything formally.

I figured utrip would have trouble with this since they've always allowed equipment to be brought back into spec without banning before. Guess they realized that was a legal minefield.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll see if I can get an answer while here in TN this weekend. My current understanding is that the Junos just weren't tested with that handle. Carucci claims he didn't know he had to have all of the combinations tested separately. When tested, they passed. Suncoast is saying that they witnessed the test and thought it passed, which is why they were selling them over the weekend.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I fully assumed Suncoast wasnt releasing a statement until they tested all legal avenues. Them being present for the testing and thinking they passed only supports that. In 2004 the companies took asa to court over the accuracy of their test, and if utrip didn't clear up that language that could happen again. Pure speculation of course.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Juno is allowed again I thought. The initial reasoning I thought I heard that was that there was something about how they didn't test a specific handle and that was the issue. I cold be way off.