Supplements before a game?

WizeGuyDezignz

Addicted to Softballfans
Just curious if any of you take any supplements before a game such as NO Xplode or Jack3d? Not looking for flaming, just curious.

2Legit 2Quit

Addicted to Softballfans
Took 2 scoops of Jack3d in a water bottle in summer, figuring it's cheaper than an energy drink. It got me pumped but the jitters were not worth it. Going back to raw dogging it.

BoxerGT2.5

Addicted to Softballfans
If you've never taken them before I suggest you try it first at home. Some give you the runs something fierce (super pump).

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Never done the supplement thing, probably never will. If I do, it won't be because of softball.

WizeGuyDezignz

Addicted to Softballfans
Jack3d is the only one that doesn't give me jitters. It just gives me extra strength, energy, focus and stamina. But this is for the gym, I've never tried it for softball. I was just wondering if there would be any benefits on the diamond.

KDEflyers

Addicted to Softballfans
Every once in a while I'll swig that five hour energy stuff in the little red and yellow bottle you get at the convenience store. Seems to work, no jitters.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jack3d is the only one that doesn't give me jitters. It just gives me extra strength, energy, focus and stamina. But this is for the gym, I've never tried it for softball. I was just wondering if there would be any benefits on the diamond.

I tried No Xplode like that once and I think it makes it harder to make good contact hitting. Most of them have extreme heat warnings so I wouldn't feel safe taking them most of the time down here anyway.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I tried No Xplode like that once and I think it makes it harder to make good contact hitting. Most of them have extreme heat warnings so I wouldn't feel safe taking them most of the time down here anyway.

I mixed up a couple bottles for tournies a couple times and then didn't drink enough water. Pee'd brown on Monday the first time, and second time got my first kidney stone the following Tuesday. Haven't taken the stuff since.
I'm skeered, water or not.
FYI, Hit good when I made contact, but was a bit jittery so don't remember it as being all that great.

DSNuts48

Badass

This. I kept swinging harder and too soon, and I ended up getting under the ball too much. It definitely worked. I got off a 12 hour shift then took some NO Xplode before I went to a night tournament.

bomb_dropper

Addicted to Softballfans
Had NO Xplode before a few games...I always got too jittery, and my hitting suffered because I was anxious. I tended to swing too early. The energy boost is great, but I avoid taking NO Xplode before games these days if I can avoid it. I do take it as a lifting supplement because it really helps me focus and push a little harder during workouts.

I kind of want to try 5-hour energy, just because. I definitely get tired during tourneys.

i mix a half gallon jug,with cytomax,nos blast and whey protein.i use either green tea(diet lipton)or propel along with water.
for tourney's i mix the powder's together in a large container and refresh my drink thru out the day,oh a coors light goes in every now and again.:D

haloscript

Addicted to Softballfans
I've taken Jack3d prior to games and tourneys before, but i always cut the dosage in half. I tried it for 3-4 league games and one tourney, and while I felt fired up and focused, my performance was poor. It actually made me feel kinda nervous. It was weird.

I think the bottom line here is this: before competitive action your body is gonna produce a similar feeling to what the Jack3d is made for, but it does it naturally. When you're going to work out, on the other hand, you may need some help to get that "fired up" feeling, and that's when the Jack3d/NO Xplode come in.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Took 2 scoops of Jack3d in a water bottle in summer, figuring it's cheaper than an energy drink. It got me pumped but the jitters were not worth it. Going back to raw dogging it.

try 5 hour energy, It works really well but you need to buy 2 of them when going to a tournament.

hitsone

i mix a half gallon jug,with cytomax,nos blast and whey protein.i use either green tea(diet lipton)or propel along with water.
for tourney's i mix the powder's together in a large container and refresh my drink thru out the day,oh a coors light goes in every now and again.:D

Gawd, I hope we don't play you in St George.
er...do you sell any on the side?