Swinging ASA sticks in other associations?

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
are there no 125 dollar asa sticks?

I had a feeling this was the OP's intent of this thread.

Not a bit. Not too sure how big mudding is in other states, but there are few areas in Florida where its huge. If you look at the trucks/Jeeps (and no, I am not talking about the freeway cowboys who put 40s on their new F250 to look cool) that really get into the mud pits, they are a big POS that have been built up. Why take a $50K truck when you can do it for $10K?

My thought on this thread was this. Top of the line ASA bats are a lot more expensive than top of the line Utrip bats. If you are playing Utrip, why would someone risk a higher dollar valued bat to get the same job done?

LikeMiken

Starting Player
Who said it was going to break? If it breaks, it breaks. I'd probably post a rip thread on ospb and replace it that day.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
jesus....you do realize the difference between broken in asa bats and broken in utrip sticks is like 10-15 feet max???

quit typing how people use asa bats to "keep it in" and line drives dont carry and blah balh.....

it's barely noticable

haha. this is pretty much my thinking. the difference between my pstx and my freak+ was minimal.

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
I swing my F98 in all leagues and tourneys. It's the bat I'm used to and feel most comfortable swinging. As for breaking it, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon. But, if it does, I have backups.

Schiffy

i don't have enough money to be dropping on new bats, and when my wife bought me the SRV3 for fathers day i didn't complain, and i use it in USSSA sometimes. depends on how i'm swinging. i normally start with it, and if i'm hitting well stick with it, if i'm not, i'll use my buddies bats as he has a plethora of USSSA bats.

hinzy

}}i{{
I swing my ASA Z1000 in utrip sometimes just because I like to see peoples reaction to the sound... Its always entertaining

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
i don't have enough money to be dropping on new bats, and when my wife bought me the SRV3 for fathers day i didn't complain, and i use it in USSSA sometimes. depends on how i'm swinging. i normally start with it, and if i'm hitting well stick with it, if i'm not, i'll use my buddies bats as he has a plethora of USSSA bats.

+1 for use of "plethora" in a sentence.

Chowder

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I've seen, it boils down to 2 things.

1) Peeps that play mostly ASA and only the occasional Utrip tourny just don't want to buy another bat. They'd rather have 1 bat they can swing everywhere and comfortable with it.

2) Peeps that don't have great bat control and use the ASA bats in IEO situations. This is me. I have a Psycho (SuperMAX) that is webbed up and can put the ball out of any park at any time. When I play in tournaments that are only DBO's, I'll use the Psycho all day long and may hit 1 out by mistake. If I'm playing in a tournament that has IEO's or gives the other team runs (NSA), I'll use my SSR2. This is not 100% fool proof though. I've hit several out by mistake w/ the SSR2 and in ASA league, I can put it out most of the time when I try. Contrary to what Primo said, I think there is more than a 10-15ft difference. But either way, there is a difference and that is why I will use my ASA stick instead of a Utrip when the penalty is harsh.

people you do know the usssa ball is not as hard as an asa ball,why would you worry about breaking an asa bat then.if its gonna go,most likely it'll be when your playing asa,not usssa.i have 1 usssa bat(585 maniac),but use a syn-2 even when they were legal for asa,in usssa, no prol for me...........

jamelie22

Star Player
Been there, done that.
My team plays ASA league, we hit up a small NSA tournament and used my f98 (firestick) and a crush 2. We ended up tied for 3rd in the end. We were accused of using a painted Ultra 2 because we hit a few homeruns on a 280 field. I traded a u2 for my f98... Utrip bats aren't that much better

^^^^^
x 1.5
There isn't a lot of difference in sticks when you're hitting low comp balls in warm weather. When it's hot, my 1st at bat is with my MV-1 then I go with the booger or even my Techzilla.