tattoo nx3 softball

swampdonkey1

Star Player
They stay firm and last much longer then the traditional leather balls, but i don't think they have the original pop of a leather ball like an Evil/Xrock/Zn/Hot Dot. They don't have the maximum performance of a leather ball but do stay good after 4-5 games unlike a leather ball.

53ksm

Manager
After hundreds of hits on nx3 52/300 game balls, I feel they still outhit the tattoo synthetic covered game balls. That's all I have to compare them to for now other than to say they stack up very comparably to the composite covered balls that we get during tourneys. Most of the tourneys around here reuse balls all day so even the composite covered stuff gets soft.

Gilchrist44

I like them. Team bought some to try out and they were good. I think the leather ZN and tattoos are better but not as durable. And Evils are nice too, but the covers suck if wet. Played a tourney that supplied evils and in the 9am game we went through 4 balls simply because the outer skin (the coloring) was peeling off after they got wet from the dew. Ive seen that with several evils over the years.

Stick with the ZN if you want the best IMO.