Tattoo spinner NX3 balls

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Anyone know the cor/compression of these balls? I can't find it listed anywhere online. This is the green and yellow BP ball AD Starr makes.

chile

Bad Ape
I cannot find it anywhere, either but I love hitting them...both the 52s and whatever the green/yellow ones are.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I cannot find it anywhere, either but I love hitting them...both the 52s and whatever the green/yellow ones are.

Yeah, I found one of the green/yellow ones in Vegas last weekend and I have zero clue what cor/compression the ball is. I can tell its bouncy. It bounces off the ground like a golf ball.

I also love the C+ NX3s. Those are good performing balls.

sun5150

You got to ask Kevin at AD Starr about the compression. He gave me some scientific answer.
I have the yellow and orange and those ball fly good.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Yellow blu I think is 52 300
Yellow green harder, I know you aren’t suppose to use Monsta bats with those, I think Carl posted on militia page

chile

Bad Ape
whenever one of the green/yellow ones comes off the blue flame, I feel like great things are about to happen ;)...

4xtra

Player/Coach
this one?
SXSPINPR-Full.jpg

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Do the nx3 balls have better durability for guys that have used them a lot? Some of the asa tourneys let us use any 52 300, have only used the nx3 asa ball once, seemed very good for the limited hits I had. Thought I heard better durability?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Severity index is not a standard by which associations measure the spec of the ball therefor it means nothing when it comes to rating Cor/Compression. They are the only company Not telling you what the actual cor and compression is.

4xtra

Player/Coach
A rep told me that they take out an ounce out of the ball to
create LESS impact on the bat.

Twiles

The Rookie
I have the blue/yellow ones and they have held up very well. Good feel off the bat, no damage to bats, and fly well. Haven't tested the "hose them off/washing" claims yet other than hitting on some soggy days, but haven't seemed to get waterlogged or soft yet.

kratos1981

I've been using them plus the patriot homerun ball for about a year now. I really like them. You can hose them or leave them in a rain soaked field like I did for a week and keep using them without noticing a difference. I haven't seen any damage to the balls yet even after they hit fencing or concrete.

They do feel different when you hit them and seem like they cut through the air differently then normal balls. The green ones seem to be really bouncy like a 52 but a little harder than a 300 compression. Purely a guess but if I had to guess I would say something like a 58/400.

They also have a nice tacky rubbery feel that hasn't changed since I've been using them.

tattooball

58/400? Wow they wouldn't even flex your bat. The green and yellow balls have a severity index of around 1100si
A .44/375 has a severity index between 1800 to 2800 depending on the ball. We made these to perform similar to a good .44 cor but not as hard of impact to the bat. Is there a cor and comp? Yes it is a range and it is meaningless. The SI is the best part as you get to hit a good ball with less of an impact to your bat.

Country469

I thought AD Starr was sold to ****s and Kevin doesnt even work there anymore? Hmmmm. Its nothing but the same polyurethane core that worth uses, no diff than a hot dot lol

I love the grn/yellow ones. In over 2 years of use and lots of BP, no broken bats. They clean up really well.
I always keep them in the house in a closet so they're at room temp. And yes theyre a little bit lighter in weight.
If I wan't to go long, I'll use a Tatoo 44/375, Rock or Baden Fire but repeated use can break bats.
The blu/yellow ones are great too but a little to soft for my taste. I only use those in Dec-Feb.
The Evils are good too but definitely harder...