Team Combat with tacky barrel - dual stamped

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Playing with 47/375's, would you guys think this Combat would be a better option than the 2015 Easton Salvo ASA (end-load)? I can get that stick also for the same price. Looking for something to fill the low priced team bat slot but still produce for the average Joe.

Another Easton option, the 2017 Ronin ASA/USSSA balanced (12" barrel). Again, just rounding out a team bat selection for modified ball.

Thanks.
If get whichever is cheapest. If it busted you get an Easton and a return. The Easton might last a little longer, but the combat had a bigger barrel for the beginners. Also, one combat plus one Easton will always Outlast just that one Easton.

Sel

Addicted to Softballfans
I was thinking that Salvo even being just ASA would still be solid hitting 47/375's. That is if past results/durability remains the same with this one.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking that Salvo even being just ASA would still be solid hitting 47/375's. That is if past results/durability remains the same with this one.
It should be, I'm just saying if you don't bust that Easton in under a year you get that bat alone. If you bust the combat in under a year you get an Easton as the warranty replacement. If you wouldn't bust either in under a year you probably don't care about durability at all.

Last edited:

nam2212

Dr. Nick
So I got the Rogo ASA in today. I have been out of the game for quite a few years and am not 100% sure what to do about a warranty. For the Combat I just need the receipt, correct? No barcodes or hologram stickers or anything like that to stick on the receipt? Thanks.

tonys1

So I got the Rogo ASA in today. I have been out of the game for quite a few years and am not 100% sure what to do about a warranty. For the Combat I just need the receipt, correct? No barcodes or hologram stickers or anything like that to stick on the receipt? Thanks.

Best part of that bat is you'll get something else for it. Trashest bat I ever swung.

ShortYellowBus

Yellow Rogo ASA is tremendously good. You just have to get used to one piece bats and the feedback they have, especially during break in.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
Yellow Rogo ASA is tremendously good. You just have to get used to one piece bats and the feedback they have, especially during break in.

This bat has quickly become the favorite for the team. It has probably 50-60 swings and is much better than I thought it would be. I can't wait to fully break it in.

Normy

Oops, thought you were referring to the tacky barrel dual stamp. Been hearing good things about the Rogo. May have to pick one up if the price is right.

nam2212

Dr. Nick
So we have about 150-200 swings on the ASA Rogo now and everyone on the team uses it. It is the best bat we have by far. A couple of the guys noticed the sound has changed when a ball is hit but I really can't tell a difference.

Normy

So we have about 150-200 swings on the ASA Rogo now and everyone on the team uses it. It is the best bat we have by far. A couple of the guys noticed the sound has changed when a ball is hit but I really can't tell a difference.
I have an OG ASA Dirty on it's way. It's also balanced and read great reviews. Glad to hear that Rogo is getting some love. Yet to hear anyone bad about it.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I have an OG ASA Dirty on it's way. It's also balanced and read great reviews. Glad to hear that Rogo is getting some love. Yet to hear anyone bad about it.
Just make sure to have some marine epoxy on hand. The endcaps are notorious to fly out of these things

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Just make sure to have some marine epoxy on hand. The endcaps are notorious to fly out of these things

Sikaflex 291 polyurethane adhesive works best. It's flexible and holds the cap in place. Marine epoxy just causes rattles in my experience. If you want a marine grade polyurethane adhesive use the Sikaflex 292

Normy

Sikaflex 291 polyurethane adhesive works best. It's flexible and holds the cap in place. Marine epoxy just causes rattles in my experience. If you want a marine grade polyurethane adhesive use the Sikaflex 292
I've used 3M marine epoxy and it wasn't flexible at all. Didn't last. I'll have to try the Sikaflex.

UncleMosk

Actually pleasantly surprised while still in wrapper of Tee. 52's slightly behind but with 44's this thing rocks.

For less than $75 dual stamp, would recommend. I mostly play ASA but would definitely bring this to a Utrip tourney or league with rocks.

Was surprised as I said.