the Carolinas

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
And Peters Creek :D

Yes, that was the stupidest thing I have done in a while. I was on the road or watching the tournament for 23 straight hours. Getting home at 5am. It was not smart or safe.

I loved the tournament, but i should have planned to stay over night.

Stretch19

Grow up
Im glad he did. We sure appreciated him that weekend. Gloved everything hit at him and hits it well. His team will do just fine this weekend from what I hear.

if i remember correctly, he said he struggled a little the first couple games at the plate, probably trying to do too much; but his glove is never an issue, regardless of where hes playing...honestly one of the more versatile IF ive seen around NC/SC; they should be competitive, got about everyone there he said and a couple pick ups that should be able to help them

Yes, that was the stupidest thing I have done in a while. I was on the road or watching the tournament for 23 straight hours. Getting home at 5am. It was not smart or safe.

I loved the tournament, but i should have planned to stay over night.

id say driving more than 30 minutes to watch any softball tourney would def qualify as one of the dumbest things youve done in a while

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
how does one stay married leaving their wife and kids home to go watch softball? in all seriousness...

I dont know... I'm just blessed I guess.

Seriously tho, it is for work. Because i own a company that makes softball jerseys and I design for TM Sports now. It is all work related.

Leftie22

Star Player
if i remember correctly, he said he struggled a little the first couple games at the plate, probably trying to do too much; but his glove is never an issue, regardless of where hes playing...honestly one of the more versatile IF ive seen around NC/SC; they should be competitive, got about everyone there he said and a couple pick ups that should be able to help them

id say driving more than 30 minutes to watch any softball tourney would def qualify as one of the dumbest things youve done in a while

Yes he came on pretty strong halfway through. Pitched some for us too. Just seeing that let me know how versatile he is. Not many people want to pitch at that level.

mihklo

How about I'm out of town for work making the money i need to provide for my family. Sucks being away but sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm up in Clarksville with endless amounts of time on the weekend to do whatever. The past 2 weekends I've been able to pick up w teams and play.

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw meal. I have no idea. I was trying to play with anyone instead of driving 3 hours just to watch. But they only wanted upper class ball players. So not lookin good for a rec baller like myself.

Saw meal will be one of the better teams on the E side of the bracket, i'd be highly surprised if they don't win a couple of games but they are far from a C team. In TN this year there is only 1 true C team CTS and a handful (7ish)of others that play "UPPER D" or whatever they are calling it now. Saw Meal is not one of those. Definitely not the worst team you could pick up with for this.

Stretch19

Grow up
Yes he came on pretty strong halfway through. Pitched some for us too. Just seeing that let me know how versatile he is. Not many people want to pitch at that level.

nope, sure dont and i dont blame them one bit...hes never been one to back down from a challenge and is a pretty good pitcher for someone who doesnt do it full time

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
Debo03 who are you playing with? for some reason I'm thinking you are/were with Solway.

Last year I played with Showtime. Most of those guys split up and are playing on a couple of different D teams.

I haven't played much this year as I've been enjoying golf tournaments :thumb:

I'm on Hemphill's roster though and will play with them from time to time when they are shorthanded and/or I want to play. They are out of Alabama.

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
I would pick up but I'm not good evough for them I guess

I'm sure you would be more than fine playing with them (at least average) but unfortunately they are trying to inflate their class in hopes of picking up some upper players to play the E side of the bracket. It's pretty sad that this is common practice in today's age in time.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year I played with Showtime. Most of those guys split up and are playing on a couple of different D teams.

I haven't played much this year as I've been enjoying golf tournaments :thumb:

I'm on Hemphill's roster though and will play with them from time to time when they are shorthanded and/or I want to play. They are out of Alabama.

Oh man you start with Solway just to get to HGC. That is a tough draw. We played HGC in our first game at the Peach State. They beat us 28-10 in 5.

Debo03

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh man you start with Solway just to get to HGC. That is a tough draw. We played HGC in our first game at the Peach State. They beat us 28-10 in 5.

Yea we've played HGC a good bit as we play in MS all the time. I have some good friends on that team. Hemphill won the PIC last year coming out of the Lower C bracket so I guess he decided to give them a rough start moving them to the bottom bracket and making them play a play-in game.

I won't there though. This weekend is my mom's 60th bday and fathers day so I'm going to be spending time with the family.

First time missing the PIC in several years, always one of my favorites so i'm bummed.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
I think you should pick up stretch. Just saying. Anyone volunteering to pitch in big ball is pretty dang good or really stupid either way that's what you're looking for

Stretch19

Grow up
shaw should pick me up to redeem his poor decision of cutting the best free agent in the carolinas prior to the season...see if he can figure out how to make 2 wrongs equal a right

Stretch19

Grow up
someone doesnt have to be a member of your team in order to be cut...right?

like in middle school, when you tried out for the basketball team and didnt make it...you werent on the team, but you still got cut

chiefdawg

Addicted to Softballfans
No I know who you are referring to now and he wasn't cut. I really like him. But yes to be cut you have to be a part of the team and our mutual friend was never cut. I still keep tabs on him. Sometimes I'm wrong in evaluations.