The Do's and Don'ts on how to ship a bat

tripp

Support SBF
Couple of things I posted in a thread a year ago:

I work for UPS and I've said this before and I'll say it again - TAPE IS CHEAP - USE A LOT OF IT

The long boxes bust open all the time. It's the way a lot of the facilities are built with their conveyor belts. They create jams when they get caught on the turns coming down the shoots. This doesn't apply to bats only. It happens to rugs, light bulbs, display stands, etc... and these items just come down the belt and get sorted to damage / re-wrap / lost packages.

SLAP A LABEL ON THE BOX AND ON THE BAT.

This way if the item comes out....there is the label right there to get it to it's destination. Hell - it might even go back to re-wrap and get put in a new box.

And if a person wants to steal something, they will find a way. Problem is employees walk through a metal detector to and from work everyday. It is really hard to conceal a bat.

Think about it logically.

keep contributing everybody. it stinks that people don't pay attention, but for those of us that do and serious about getting product to a buyer, this is an informative thread.

tmill958

The Veteran
USPS really F my package I got from a board bro. He taped it plenty good but they actually ripped the box bad enough that someone from usps re-taped it. So got to be thankful for that. Also you could see what was in the the box through the top seam (first pic) since it got all jacked up. Really surprised I even got the bat after examining the box..bro who shipped the bat did everything right so this is just a reminder to make sure you tape good and always purchase insurance

2012-09-21161154_zps9074d48f.jpg

2012-09-21161139_zpse0beb54f.jpg

2012-09-21161123_zps7688cfec.jpg

Seen the ship to Canada sticky, what if I'm shipping fed ex?

the best thing would go to kinkos/fex ex store and check with them. you will have to fill out customs forms for sure. i'm not sure if the buyer would have to pay a tax upon receiving an item from out of the country. you would have to talk with buyer as well.

kjlee85

Mark as gift and undervalue the item and email receipts (do not leave price tags or receipts on item) !

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
don't know if it's in the 7 other pages of this sticky, but you do NOT need Delivery Confirmation if you get insurance. The insurance provides a tracking # for you! Save yourselves that $0.75 on DC IF you put insurance on.

don't know if it's in the 7 other pages of this sticky, but you do NOT need Delivery Confirmation if you get insurance. The insurance provides a tracking # for you! Save yourselves that $0.75 on DC IF you put insurance on.

actually they don't don't do DC anymore. as well as getting the insurance, i also get signature confirmation for another proof of delivery. i don't mind spending the $2.75

Insurance for a $250 bat is like $4.00. If you can't afford that, what are you doing with a bunch of expensive bats? Totally worth the peace of mind to me....IJS