The Glove Lock

Macbomber

I just received my first order of these, wanted to know if anyone else has tried them or has seen them being used by anyone? Paul, (the owner I assume) threw in an extra pack for free in my shipment and seems like a classy guy.

I'll follow up with pictures once I get home from work and can put them on my glove.

Macbomber

Yea I've already thought about that too, so I'll just have to wait and see. I think in one of the videos on the website he says something about cutting the laces which isn't something I want to do. He also showed one video with the locks on and then tying the laces over the locks which may be something I try and do.

They may end up being just a cosmetic accessory rather than something that is a necessity, but I am willing to give them a shot regardless.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Never seen this before but my first thought is that, given time, they will create a weak spot in the leather where they pinch on. as the leather stretches, you may go to tighten the straps and find they rip. just first impressions

MaverickAH

I did watch a video where they show that it's still possible to tie up the lace. Their claim is that because the Glove Locks remove the tension of the pull on the laces, they will stay tied up longer. Maybe...........

Where I can see some benefit is if your thumb or pinkie lace breaks off. This would be an ideal way to cinch them up if they were too short to tie normally.

RustyShakleford

or just tie your laces like this

JGaZYkQl.jpg

Macbomber

I've had laces bust and resorted to something like that Rusty, also played with a kid that just wrapped athletic tape around the laces a few times and that always seemed to hold well. There are certainly plenty of other options to these glove locks.

RustyShakleford

i like the video where the guys has to tie his laces with his teeth but then takes the glove off to use both hands to put on this thing