The New guy on the team interview

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Any time you're the new guy on a team the coach/manager has to do it, either out of pure interest and care to see where you fit on the team or as a **** measuring contest to show he runs the team, not you.

Whats some of your humor/horror stories of the funniest or most db like questions and experiences?

I played church ball with my dad who was on staff at a church up til when I was about 18, and my uncles/cousins/normal guys I played with all were on another church team. One day we played the game before them on a field so I was BSing with them between innings. After the game the pastor of our church team came to me with the this is your team not them deal. Since they were family, my dad's time on staff was coming to an end (writing on the wall/church budget), and I didn't particularly like anyone on our team I jumped teams.

Now this year things have come full circle. My little brother has an internship at that church to be their "youth pastor in waiting i guess" so I'm going back just for the experience of playing with my brother. Its a mediocre at best team of guys that play the church league and maybe one other charity tournament a year so less than 25 games, but the pastor's son who now runs the team came to this interview ruler in hand. It's been 7 years and he's still pissed. In the past 7 years I spent a few years as a player rep, few years in tourney ball, and averaged probably 8-10 games a week, and get questions like have you swung a bat since our team? etc. Thankfully he thinks he has a spot in RF for me (rolleyes). The joys of doing stuff for family.

zuke 37

Star Player
Played on at team of mostly local policeman. We had a shrotstop who was a lutenent. The more he played the worse he got, but he was never moved.

It was the second game of a double header, the other team had a centerfielder who had a few assists and close plays in the first game.

I lead off game 2 with a single. Our manager hit second and hit a high long ball to center, I tag up but am aware of the arm out there.

He makes the catch and throws a strike to second But, I make it back to first without a play.

My manager screams, "Why didn't you go, You would have made it." (I had a farts chance in a hurricane)

I replied, "If I was a lutennet I would have made it.) BANG: I'm on the bench.

PS AWall13 I like your posts, they get people to talk, keep 'em up.

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
Played on at team of mostly local policeman. We had a shrotstop who was a lutenent. The more he played the worse he got, but he was never moved.

It was the second game of a double header, the other team had a centerfielder who had a few assists and close plays in the first game.

I lead off game 2 with a single. Our manager hit second and hit a high long ball to center, I tag up but am aware of the arm out there.

He makes the catch and throws a strike to second But, I make it back to first without a play.

My manager screams, "Why didn't you go, You would have made it." (I had a farts chance in a hurricane)

I replied, "If I was a lutennet I would have made it.) BANG: I'm on the bench.

PS AWall13 I like your posts, they get people to talk, keep 'em up.

You had 2 chances......lieutenant:wtf2:

Jomatty

Starting Player
I rewatched the last half of Forrest Gump the other day and forgot how Effing depressing that movie is. Every bodies dying, getting aids, getting their legs blown off and every other terrible thing imaginable. Don't know why I thought it was uplifting when I watched it 20 years ago.

scuderia

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought zuke was trying to talk about David Tennant. Don't talk smack about #10.

4567-david-tennant.jpg

On topic I've never been interviewed for a team. I ask they say yes. ;)

MPT23

Putting on the foil
The bad lutennet was a great movie. The OG Harvey Keitel one, not that p.o.s. sequel with Nick Cage.