The official Two Weeks of shenks and Bliss being insufferable thread

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL at the Baltimore kicker crying like a little *****.

"Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game."

No one from the Patriots or Ravens had access to the kicking balls.

Hap716

Addicted to Softballfans
This will go to court if anything ridiculous is done by the NFL..... New England Patriots v National Football league. If they make them forfeit or suspend Belichick for the game, an injunction will be filed. What are they going to do? Postpone the Superbowl and have them play it in July? I don't think so. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Rodgers should get an equal suspension to Belichick as he openly admitted to over-inflating the game balls.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
He threw 4 TDs, at some point the defense had to get off the field. Matt Elam making Julian Edelman look like Earl Campbell probably didn't help. I doubt Matt Elam could tackle my 60 year old mother.

Yeah but joe had it to win but threw to the wrong team more than once. January joe faltered.

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
proof that the pats did it, in this country people are considered innocent until proven guilty...chewbacca defense

This is private organization not the US legal system. Different rules. Proof is the balls were inflated for inspection and then by the second quarter they had been deflated. Same proof that Sean Peyton paid defenders for big hits type proof right?

could've been some rogue person who did it, the Saints fiasco is exactly why they can't throw the book at them unless there is indisputable evidence that proves it was done...they're not gonna suspend bellichek cause it would blow up in their face just like Payton did

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
could've been some rogue person who did it

highly doubt it. Belichick runs a tight ship. I am sure he knew about it. What I don't know is if the refs ever checked the balls prior to the game. I know they are supposed to, but did they? If they didn't then I don't see how the Pats could be penalized. If they did check them and someone from the Patriots tampered with them, then throw the book at them.

Bliss

Go Hawks!
the NFL won't do anything, they can't prove anything...the colts had the same balls to use, it's ridiculous that this is even "news"...Tom Brady is gonna win another Super Bowl and do it while looking amazing

Why do people not read? They EACH have12 balls(6 on each sideline to keep the game going) The ref inspects the balls and marks them. The mark is different for each team as that team only uses those balls(they start doing this in HS on up). So when the defensive player felt the ball was soft on the interception. That is what triggered the NFL to look at both of the teams balls. The Colts balls had zero infractions. 11 out of 12 to 0-12. Tell me again how that can happen to only their balls.

The NFL is all about the $$. This is not good for them. Their golden boy Tom Brady caught up in another cheating scandal before the superbowl. No way. They had to release this or someone was going to squeal. They can't afford another ray rice cover up.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
where did you read the Colts balls were tested? This is all that's on the news around here, 24/7, and I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about the Colts balls being tested.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Either way, as a long time Pats fan it just flat out sucks. I was hoping IF they found the balls under that it was only a couple and they were within 1/4lb of the numbers. This totally SUCKS.
Hard to be proud wearing this
ImgDyn.cfm

3XC

Big Truss
Going to court, lol.

The NFL has complete control over this, legally. No team can sue the league because they were caught cheating and subsequently punished. The NFL can unilaterally do whatever it wants, they can impose any punishment at all. Underinflating balls actually does impact the outcome of the game and should be treated as such.

Pats jocksniffers concocting theories make me laugh. Surely not Bill Belichick, the paragon of fair play and football virtue! Dude is a scuzz, no other coach is getting popped for stuff like this over and over and over and over...

Bliss

Go Hawks!
where did you read the Colts balls were tested? This is all that's on the news around here, 24/7, and I haven't seen or heard anyone talk about the Colts balls being tested.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...l-belichick-012115?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:nflonfox

You can't honestly believe they didnt test both teams balls? That would put an end to the whole controversy. It doesn't say it in the link above but some of you need to read more. Do a google search. I highly doubt chuck would have pushed as hard as he did if he had deflated balls. He either knew his balls were legit or he fixed them at half.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the link that doens't mention anywhere that the NFL tested all 12 of the Colts balls, and that all 12 were OK. This link has the same info thats on 10,000 other sites.

Bliss

Go Hawks!
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...l-belichick-012115?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:nflonfox

You can't honestly believe they didnt test both teams balls? That would put an end to the whole controversy. It doesn't say it in the link above but some of you need to read more. Do a google search. I highly doubt chuck would have pushed as hard as he did if he had deflated balls. He either knew his balls were legit or he fixed them at half.

Thanks for the link that doens't mention anywhere that the NFL tested all 12 of the Colts balls, and that all 12 were OK.

You should just go home.

highly doubt it. Belichick runs a tight ship. I am sure he knew about it. What I don't know is if the refs ever checked the balls prior to the game. I know they are supposed to, but did they? If they didn't then I don't see how the Pats could be penalized. If they did check them and someone from the Patriots tampered with them, then throw the book at them.

of course he knew about it but unless there is direct proof he was responsible they won't suspend him...

Payton was out a whole year. How is that blowing up in their face?

...because when it all came out the NFL was wrong and they can't afford to be wrong anymore, as the girl talking about sports (ha) said, it's about money and even though they obviously cheated the NFL is gonna do everything they can to get it right

as a jets fan I hate the patriots more than anyone, ever but the NFL loves them some patriots so basically this may end in a fine but more than likely a new rule about having 1 NFL representative on each sideline responsible for the balls to prevent tampering

3XC

Big Truss
Repeat offender, legacy forever tainted, right up there with Arod in the pantheon of American sports villainy.

Proud to call Annapolis, MD his hometown, lolz.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
You should just go home.

what is the point of your link then? I asked about the source stating that all the Colts balls were legit. Its a simple and honest question. And you posted a link to a run of the mill article that I can find on ESPN or any other site.

3XC

Big Truss
of course he knew about it but unless there is direct proof he was responsible they won't suspend him...

...because when it all came out the NFL was wrong and they can't afford to be wrong anymore, as the girl talking about sports (ha) said, it's about money and even though they obviously cheated the NFL is gonna do everything they can to get it right

as a jets fan I hate the patriots more than anyone, ever but the NFL loves them some patriots so basically this may end in a fine but more than likely a new rule about having 1 NFL representative on each sideline responsible for the balls to prevent tampering

Yes, clearly the NFL needs to absorb the blame for not carefully checking enough, we can't blame the guy who actually proactively chose to cheat, we need to blame the system that doesn't do enough to monitor the cheating and catch it before it influences game outcomes.

You have the same logic as the race rioters running out of the local liquor store with armloads of gin. Its the systems fault for not addressing all the events that led up to my bad behavior.

Bliss

Go Hawks!
what is the point of your link then? I asked about the source stating that all the Colts calls were legit. Its a simple and honest question.

I was already posting it since some of you think sbf board mber tribal knowledge refutes facts. It was just a bonus that It made you read it to prove all your points were invalid.

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
you still haven't posted anything that backs up your claim that 0/12 of the Colts balls were over or under inflated. That was my only question. I don't care about your other biased opinions.

Yes, clearly the NFL needs to absorb the blame for not carefully checking enough, we can't blame the guy who actually proactively chose to cheat, we need to blame the system that doesn't do enough to monitor the cheating and catch it before it influences game outcomes.

You have the same logic as the race rioters running out of the local liquor store with armloads of gin. Its the systems fault for not addressing all the events that led up to my bad behavior.

they need to prove he cheated first, it's that simple, they will do an investigation but do you honestly think anyone involved is gonna point a finger at ol' hoodie? the NFL is gonna do what they can but in the end it's not gonna be some rash decision to suspend him because they don't want to end up with lemon colored egg on their face again

3XC

Big Truss
they need to prove he cheated first, it's that simple, they will do an investigation but do you honestly think anyone involved is gonna point a finger at ol' hoodie? the NFL is gonna do what they can but in the end it's not gonna be some rash decision to suspend him because they don't want to end up with lemon colored egg on their face again

You assume there is some sort of due process or burden of proof the NFL needs. They can do whatever they want. Its not a courtroom. Its Goodell deciding what the best thing to do is, and judging by his past actions, there will be no punishment at all or Belichick will be launched by catapult into a den of ravenous wolves. No middle ground.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going to court, lol.

The NFL has complete control over this, legally. No team can sue the league because they were caught cheating and subsequently punished. The NFL can unilaterally do whatever it wants, they can impose any punishment at all. Underinflating balls actually does impact the outcome of the game and should be treated as such.

Pats jocksniffers concocting theories make me laugh. Surely not Bill Belichick, the paragon of fair play and football virtue! Dude is a scuzz, no other coach is getting popped for stuff like this over and over and over and over...

This is the world we live in. Nobody remembers how he got fired from the Browns for sucking. Nobody remembers that nobody but Parcells would give him a job at one point. Nobody remembers his cheating.