The Perfect Softball Page

flapjaxx

Watch your shins!
If you were in the process of creating the “perfect” softball page, what would you like to see in it??

What would you love?

What would you hate?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
This place used to be the perfect softball page. Forums about every imaginable softball topic. Plenty of lively discussion, and lots of knowledgeable people online at any given time to offer expert opinions/insight.

SBF used to have bat reviews, which were fairly helpful. I think what ultimately killed SBF was the advent of social media groups, and trolls. A few nasty trolls pretty much ran everyone out of SBF years ago.

SBF is a ghost town now. IDK where everyone went, or if there's another good softball discussion page I don't know about, but this isn't it.

My perfect softball page would have: General discussion, sub-forums for each sanction, umpire discussion/rule questions, bat buy/sell, and bat reviews.

I don't like slowpitch softball groups on FB. They all seem to be about buying/selling, and raffles. No one actually discusses anything. Everyone on these groups is a "rep" of some sort, and all they do is relentlessly hawk one product or another.

ShortYellowBus

Honestly, more original content.

People sharing videos of their swings. Bat collections perhaps? Glove collections also?

It’s not a braggadocios thing to share with people their unique swings. In fact, my favorite video is the one of @TWmccoy hitting 300ft bombs with an Easton Hammer and Easton Cyclone.

Epic.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
dont forget the Basement BP kid, hitting off a tee in his moms basement and sticks a softball through the basement window! Classic!

flapjaxx

Watch your shins!
Bump this to the top. I remember Softball Fans being my life for a lot of years. lol. Wondering what else people would want to see or not see

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
SBF from like 2010-2013 was great. The NJ threads would max out in like 2 months. Great place to find last minute fill-ins for league ball. We even had t shirts made and put together SBFNJ teams for tournaments. All were welcome regardless of skill level which made things interesting.

I think it would be a lot of fun to put together a Softball Fans team for a tournament or two. Drink beers, put faces to names, and have more to discuss on here.

I have played tournaments with 4 or 5 currently active members on here and have nothing but good things to say about every one of them.

ETA: We even put together a grudge match best of 3 of North Jersey vs South Jersey SBF members. It was pretty epic and we (South Jersey) won.

blakcherry329

SBF from like 2010-2013 was great. The NJ threads would max out in like 2 months. Great place to find last minute fill-ins for league ball. We even had t shirts made and put together SBFNJ teams for tournaments. All were welcome regardless of skill level which made things interesting.

I think it would be a lot of fun to put together a Softball Fans team for a tournament or two. Drink beers, put faces to names, and have more to discuss on here.

I have played tournaments with 4 or 5 currently active members on here and have nothing but good things to say about every one of them.

ETA: We even put together a grudge match best of 3 of North Jersey vs South Jersey SBF members. It was pretty epic and we (South Jersey) won.
Was that the mini-tournament in Toms River off of 37? That was great.
Yeah, that's when the NJ Free Agent thread would go through a page or two a day with all the trash talking. That's how I learned about UTrip softball. I was playing mostly modified or ASA slow pitch (yuck. lol). That was the best. Kinda sad now. smh
Definitely miss this site and the UTrip tourneys.

DirtBag215

This place was IT. Meet a lot of people on here. What everybody said previously is spot on. I didn’t have social media when this place was good and I still don’t. I’m sure I’m missing out on a lot of local tourneys and possible free agents but idc. It sucks that a lot of the softball Facebook pages are private and you need an account. The regional sub-forum here was great for all of that.

The uniform sub-forum here was great. I think all the fly-by-night uniform “reps” online ruined that. Guys would constantly do different buy-ins that were cool.

The manufacture circle-jerk on here was somehow different than what you see today. Idk what it was. I remember they had the combatants on here. Now the circle-jerk for bats is just companies marketing repaints as “exclusive preorders” and people really think a lot of them are different than the other bat with the same paint job.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn’t have social media when this place was good and I still don’t. I’m sure I’m missing out on a lot of local tourneys and possible free agents but idc. It sucks that a lot of the softball Facebook pages are private and you need an account.
+1