The Pre 2006 Miken Ultra Buyers Guide

Kozy24

I bought an ultra maxload prior to the 2002 season and destroyed the ball until trading the asa sticker for an ultra 2.
I called softball sales and askednif anything was coming out that was pretty hot. He told me about the ultra and how it just debuted at a tournament. He said it was going to change the game. What a summer! This thing is a tank as far as durability. It must have had over 1000 hits on it in the few months it was legal with no rattles or visual stress cracks yet.
It has a 5-8-02 date engraved in it along with serial number 4WD11
Does anyone know the earliest production date verified or more info on what the serial numbers break down to exactly?
PXL_20210128_042625815.jpg PXL_20210128_042604551.jpg PXL_20210128_042607751.jpg
PXL_20210128_042717019.jpg

BlueBalls11

I bought an ultra maxload prior to the 2002 season and destroyed the ball until trading the asa sticker for an ultra 2.
I called softball sales and askednif anything was coming out that was pretty hot. He told me about the ultra and how it just debuted at a tournament. He said it was going to change the game. What a summer! This thing is a tank as far as durability. It must have had over 1000 hits on it in the few months it was legal with no rattles or visual stress cracks yet.
It has a 5-8-02 date engraved in it along with serial number 4WD11
Does anyone know the earliest production date verified or more info on what the serial numbers break down to exactly?
View attachment 66442 View attachment 66443 View attachment 66444
View attachment 66441

I find it amazing that there is almost No " Guides" or publications or website, or for that matter even manufactures websites that show every bat that they made. One of the only industries like that I have seen....

Rare  Miken Velocit-E Ultra 280z.jpg Anyway, I have a similar question. A former Derby guy, hooked me up with this bat , since he knows i am a collector. Says factory 2nd on it. The knob is different then anyone I have seen before. Anyone know the history?

Kozy24

I find it amazing that there is almost No " Guides" or publications or website, or for that matter even manufactures websites that show every bat that they made. One of the only industries like that I have seen....

View attachment 66451 Anyway, I have a similar question. A former Derby guy, hooked me up with this bat , since he knows i am a collector. Says factory 2nd on it. The knob is different then anyone I have seen before. Anyone know the history?
Wow.
Is this the second ultra bat ever made! Or beginning of the second batch. That handle is wild. It has to be a first batch since the stamps are on it I think right?

MPT23

Putting on the foil

View attachment 66451 Anyway, I have a similar question. A former Derby guy, hooked me up with this bat , since he knows i am a collector. Says factory 2nd on it. The knob is different then anyone I have seen before. Anyone know the history?

A true piece of history here. It's a super max load and not the standard max load ? Also it's not denoted as maxload by the endcap like it would be normally. Double og unicorn status looks like

Ejdf

[QUOTE = "BlueBalls11, post: 19206138, member: 119221"] Me parece asombroso que casi no haya "Guías", publicaciones o sitios web, o incluso fabrica sitios web que muestran cada murciélago que hicieron. Una de las únicas industrias como esa que he visto ...

[ATTACH = full] 66451 [/ ATTACH] De todos modos, tengo una pregunta similar. Un ex chico del Derby, me enganchó con este bate, ya que sabe que soy un coleccionista. Dice la fábrica en segundo lugar. La perilla es diferente a cualquiera que haya visto antes. ¿Alguien conoce la historia? [/ CITA]
[QUOTE = "BlueBalls11, post: 19206138, member: 119221"] Me parece asombroso que casi no haya "Guías", publicaciones o sitios web, o incluso fabrica sitios web que muestran cada murciélago que hicieron. Una de las únicas industrias como esa que he visto ...

[ATTACH = full] 66451 [/ ATTACH] De todos modos, tengo una pregunta similar. Un ex chico del Derby, me enganchó con este bate, ya que sabe que soy un coleccionista. Dice la fábrica en segundo lugar. La perilla es diferente a cualquiera que haya visto antes. ¿Alguien conoce la historia? [/ QUOTE]
Greetings, I'm interested in that bat, do you sell it?

Ejdf

Sale the bat?